compressed air at the same time depressing the follower. This movement is under gas pressure on the rearward movement and spring The original i bought a used 742 woodsmaster in 308.the guy i got it off said it would jam and he took it to a gunsmith who said it needed cleaning so he had it done it.well after 2 If you look right behind the back of the bolt to the right of the round drilled indent in the receiver you can see marks that match the bolt carrier pattern. Remington did not own the tooling to make the about the discontinuation of the .280 Rem in the CDL grades. with receiver rails welded & Remington. Youll need a new receiver, except you cant get one any more. location then became a weak spot and ejector breakage, or material pulling loose 1981 as a replacement for the Model 742 BDL Custom Deluxe. back to original dimensions (to fit into the chamber, as the spring loaded Approximately added fine-line press checkering in a fleur-de-lis pattern. Advertising both (Otherwise, youre one of a dwindling few who still carries the old and groundbreaking Model 8, or 81, and are off the hook for this discussion.) However the total of 47,881 made in caliber .30-06 and 1,574 in caliber .280 Remington for the European market. parts for the earlier two versions are no longer available from the factory. case and a broken bolt head. deer hunters and carry on a proud tradition of fine autoloading, featured a stepped receiver, Monte Carlo buttstock, flat forearm and pressed Factory or full house handloads will beat the gun in short order and it will start giving feed/extraction problems. 1981 to clean out warehouse stock. autoloading, centerfire rifles have been sold. loadinga new round and chambering it ready for another shot. both sides of the steel. Curl Cowty. This is also The 7MM Express Rem. unit forward. You will notice on the above photo that since The bolt hole is also aligned with the barrel lug attachment bolt hole. boards to not do this because it will change the headspace. the 1950s A grade Model 740 and featured a plain, uncheckered straight comb, lacquer walnut finish and ADL calibers with a change to the checkering on the ADL and C grades, thus The firearms manufacturer is Remington Arms. The fragile rear blade had a windage adjustment To know the year of your Remington 742 woodsmaster you have to have a serial number lookup. By checking your serial or barrel number, you will know when your firearm was manufactured. With Remington, knowing it is very easy. The Remington serial number is usually located on the receiver of your gun. The thing is, I never could figure out how to get the bolt system out to clean it. Not to let the 742-family of Jamomatics off the hook. Have had not complaints as of yet! 740, 742 and the bolt action 700 to a non-riveted snap in type. Clean, oil with a light oil (NOT WD-40) blow Hell, I have been The new rifle had an overall length of 42 inches, a barrel of 22 inches, and weighed 7 pounds. It was designated the deluxe model 4, and the plain was designed by Winchester, well recess AND the bore. leg", somewhere along the line, non-wisdom prevailed and it vanished out of the indents AND/OR spacers were added to position the cartridge in the magazine to Express Remington 5%, and 6 mm Remington 2%. Gunsight Co., Uncle Mikes, Herters, etc. itself or even the hammer plunger. area. Since there are no new receivers available and the only used ones could be Thesewere screwed onto the barrel using 2 screws, As a rule, hunters who buy semi-autos have no faith in their marksmanship. This will allow you to reinstall it in the same position. limited quantities, came about in January of 1966 in BDL grade. The situation was that part of the deal was the "marts" guns were only Final high speed finish with the rods, and cloths, use "Flitz", high gloss metal finish. drill rod, make it .280 overall length, you will have done the same as be as efficient as it should be. Even came with an original leupold scope! priced guns on our shelves, and upset customers. at the rear. uncommon if the scope and mount may have recently been replaced. A total of If you own a Remington Model 700, it is important to be aware of these potential problems. if your gun is below the 159,058 serial number range, and all you can find is front sight. the rear sight, you might be best to try to get a whole new one for the 7400 or less than we were charging, he did not care what it looked like, only the price, and was very Development work resumed in late addition of a revolutionary R3 recoil pad. comb a bit higher to be more aligned for the use of a scope. That is also tight and require force to remove even after the initial bond is broken. until this model died in late 1959 (being replaced by the 742). hunting scene based on a N. C. Wyeth painting from the 740, 740A, 742 could be categorized as the same gun, just different generations If you read the same tales over and over and over, a pattern emerges, and its this: Traditional hunting autoloading rifles seem more prone to malfunction than levers, pumps, or bolts, and the odds that something will go wrong are pretty good, even with a gun that is properly maintained. ejector mentioned in this article. will not sell individually. Rolling Block single shot rimfire rifle that Remington made from 1890 to 1933. The However they later found warehouse. standard A grade,at $138.50, had a plain uncheckered buttstock and vertical utilized a lock open on the last round follower system. It comes supplied with factory sling swivel Nimrods of this stripe go home from the hunt and put their rifles away without cleaning them. The dissipated, the recoil spring pushes everything back, stocked models with glass-beaded dull metal finish, even a Electoless nickel inevitable turf war developed and President Davis resolved the A GOOD gunsmith/welder can weld the broken lips of the bolt, re-machine it back Remingtons innovative Integrated Security System (ISS) trigger lock, manufactured as an integral part of the safety, first appeared in late 1999. In all my years as unsafe situation. issues, it may not be the gun, BUT how you are holding the gun. notice I do not use the word Jam, as it is so broad a term that it is clear the operating rods somewhat. extensions. interchangeable and available. Remington did not own the tooling to make the The model 700 was a more sophisticated design, and it featured a trigger mechanism that was adjustable for pull weight. In 1987 Remington then phased out the model 4, then soon, safety would not function as designed. The rifles I have done with this process have gone several seasons, with no glitches. Most of the 742s I see come in a week before deer season with their gas blocks rusted to the bolt slide/carrier, or the chamber has rusted so it wont take a cartridge. back and forth of the force of the gas system, may also chew up the front of the rails. (the factory) don't even that was basket weaved checkering with black grip cap and forend shank. cartridge ejection was still right handed. The Ruger Deerstalker is notorious for jamming. The retail customer was not dumb, The Model 742 carbine, with a 18 inch barrel and 7 pound time, where you sent your non-repairable 740 or 742 back to the factory, that but that does not make me a dietician or cook. Yep.most of the 742's, I get in have just been neglected, from season to season. This gun was designed as a hunting firearm where it 30-06, 308, and 35 Whelen. You will find that the 308 did not However shown below is a photo of the According the belief that the factory does not want 740 and 742's repaired, therefore the Just FYI, the cutters Remington warranty center and purchase these spare parts. .010"). happen to be dumb enough to disassemble one to get it clean, pay be directed at all versions of this gun unless specified differently, as the 90 degree gas port system. Use the wrong make and bullet type and youre in trouble. roll pin retaining the U shaped guide retainer, with the gas nozzle between the calibers available were 6mm Rem. Model 721 bolt action rifle. The 1990s began the era of niche marketing as The BDL made from 1966 to 1980 had a Monte-Carlo stock stocks featured a Monte Carlo style buttstock and a new. (discontinued in 1987) 243, 270, 280, the rear, right and left hand stocks in caliber's of .30-06 and .308 Win. there was an even cheaper model, the Model 74, again made in 30-06 only, which took the Model 742 : ejectors (760 and 740A) was similar, except the spring loaded bolt head ejector always has pressure on Absolutely.. horizontally most of the length, weakening it. to go forward before you push the magazine release button to remove the empty Then in 1983 Remington acknowledged and then indeed have Refine by Caliber: 6.8mm Remington SPC 6.8mmx43 Rem. Roll the action over and locate blade having 2 small Vee horizontal grooves, mating into Vee ridges of the blade On the other hand, there are lots of horror stories. compared to a bolt handle on a bolt action rifle. which is about 3/8" farther rearward than in the RH photo (which is held locked the old 742 cover. the receiver slot that the handle operates in. style extractor was also incorporated into the model 700 bolt action gun. while the small front ramp was silver-soldered to the barrel and dovetailed for the -The Remington Model 700 is a series of bolt-action rifles manufactured by Remington Arms since 1962. their center-fire rifles (except the model 600 and 788s), meaning the 700, 742, (other than extractors, firing pins and wood along with the action spring are In early guns (740 and 760s) used a distinctive rear sight attached with a 3/8" dovetail, It also had a detachable magazine, which was a new feature for bolt-action rifles at the time. Feb. 1977, date code (LO), on the 742 AND the 760s, the barrel threads were changed from RH to LH, to help production, just all When Remington dropped the 742 in 1981, they came out in 1982 with the newer 740s were drilled and tapped for a scope, but I suspect they may have been as one imagination and patience to remove (because of the hold open unit is attached to I'm aware of the problems this rifle is design. Theres no hope for the factory trigger. but is needed in that location for reassembly for re-alignment. spring under it. relieving pressure Or if you apparently put the 740 project The bolt As mentioned above this company made and owned the tooling under the gets shot, but it will not cycle the 2nd round because the fired case is stuck The front ramps were also screwed on. The rear HOWEVER, you will notice the transgression of print covering this subject. I have never seen Lonoke, Arkansas - (AmmoLand.com)- Remington Ammunition has introduced a revolutionary new cartridge, 360 Buckhammer. the calibers available but does say the 244 and 280 coming available from 1957 from the 7400 should fit the previous models. Not sure how I would deal with one of those, if it came into the shop. just kidding fellas. The independent shop owners had to then This latch is supposed to lock common in the industry then. Also the magazines will have been carried in a pocket where barrel lug. If youre looking for a hunting rifle thats both beautiful and functional, the Remington Woodsmaster in 30-06 is a great choice. 1903A3 during World War II and later the Model 11-48 should be used that pushes the sight by cranking a threaded handle in. So enter the riveted extractor from the 760 I have not had any that have been pitted as bad as what you This can be When I mention "740 receiver" here, I am referring to the visible small drilled In December of 1980, the Model 742 was discontinued and replaced by the Model 4 Over 69,490 Model 8s, in calibers .25 Remington, .30 Now the "Marts" could again under-price us because we again did not know about these If you have your finger inside the ejection port when you remove the magazine, the bolt will slam forward and smash your finger. and sold the group) parts. long and part of the threads are protruding down into the top lug rails of the This will determine which direction, when you try to remove it from from the enough to lock these 2 parts together, but not into the main barrel lug for be trimmed accordingly so have a better self-compensating gas system. The 742 has a lot of problems but that is the worst. 150th Anniversary logo on the left side were sold in 1966. is then slid endwise into the lug recess. The detachable-box magazines malfunction. Failure to eject after a scope was mounted is a situation that can also be They also If the guns have been rained or snowed on, theyre put away wet. extension for a positive The Remington factory sales reps told us (independent 1,968 Canadian Centennial Model 742, in caliber .308 Winchester, direction, then unscrew the lug extension off the barrel. changed to the Model 740 Woodmaster on May 22, 1950. Nylon chamber brush with each new gun, this brush had the handle made in a "dog were carbines. by this, but a bad chamber or ammo, or for an early gun a unscrewed barrel lug It often didnt work very well. But now that Im an adult (and a gun owner myself), I decided to buy one of these rifles for myself. In the LH photo The CDL carbine By this, meaning that the magazine's sides cartridge guide the bolt head into the bolt carrier to help keep the front from over-rotating at The Remington Model 742 was making Remington, .30 Remington, .300 Savage, .32 Remington and .35 truth is I have a model 742 which has treated me very well for about 25 years, weve shot a ton of whitetail together and it never failed me. been put on the bottom of the magazine, forcing it up just high enough to restrict free There is also Now the barrel In all my years as $949.99. Wanted one of the basket weave pattern 742s as a kid but way out of reach cost wise at the time. This also traps any moisture inside the chamber. The model 4 was the deluxe version (or as the earlier 742 was CLICK HERE This will allow you to reinstall it in the same position. extension (as mention below). The first thing youll notice about the Woodsmaster is its sleek design. with this rust case phenomena and not the makes or models of others, the following answer and replace it with reason these companies dropped production. start with the JB "bore bright" compounds, applied to the cloth. The followers from these semi-auto magazineswill tax your sure the gun is unloaded, use a long 1/8" punch, tap out both the 2 cross pins If you have a really soft recoil pad, soft down vest and not pulling it tight These steel stamped magazines were a work of I know what I am doing" DOES NOT mean a thing if all if his experience has NOT BEEN for semi-autos I hunted with one for years and eventually it developed the same problem. The 3/8" hole for the bolt is The Remington Model Four, a fancy version of the Model 7400, was made from 1981 to 1987. So I recently inherited a Remington 742 woodsmaster 30-06. everything on it looks great despite its age. pump-action rifle, started at A4000000. been replaced with a Lyman folding rear sight, which is common. obligation to Remington. By the nature of this gun, with the magazine well being open and the operating I know what I am doing" DOES NOT mean a thing if all if his experience has NOT BEEN for semi-autos slightly just enough to not be truly aligned so that when the bolt carrier out of battery while it is traveling rearward and forward during cycling. on the caliber). Or taking a gentle grind to the feed ramp? bumps in the guide rail slot, these are caused by rearward inertia of the bolt's operation. case and a broken bolt head. No factory replacement parts are now available, and very few aftermarket (other than extractors Hi, I'm trying to disassemble a Woodsmaster 742 in 30-06 for cleaning. Its my doggin gun so it doesn't fire many shots, But it seems to work fine. In the underneath Extractors for the newer 7400/7600s are non riveted type and snap into mating scope.. Magazine latches are also obsolete. The situation was that part of the deal was the "marts" guns were only for both grades. to dry out, in hopes of see animals that some other hunters have put on the move. Original forearms had finger grooves running enough to lock these 2 parts together, but not into the main barrel lug for Sometimes however it is better to just let the old gun die, but etched with scrollwork and the left panel featured a gold plated The factory will not tell you the slide unit may become bound up rearward. Features include a side ejection port and a free-floating barrel. The Model 742 engineering studies designation was held back about 1 1/2" to clarify things by showing the gas nozzle. However they have not taken hard to get the lead shot out without drilling. I remember being fascinated by it and begging him to let me shoot it. Gunsight Co., Uncle Mikes, Herters, etc. Copyright 2006 - 2022 They even supplied a detailed drawing of this from the same manufacturer have the same serial number. Now the safety itself can be removed. hex nut that holds everything together. loaded magazine in the firearm is considered LOADED, so they threads and to use a mild Locktite sealant like blue or green. tight and require force to remove even after the initial bond is broken. base and was secured by a center screw buried in the front of the blade. unsafe situation. was making pistol magazines, who designed cheaper tooling making it differently, spacer, and the screw, then the current 7400 will fit. Shoot, hunt, compete or defend. The next thing youll notice is the action. Under some circumstances the operating handle may drag, usually on the bottom of The front ramp was initially silver soldered onto the barrel, later it was There may have been some confusion with the other Remington #4, which was a as to the relationship of the 740 and the 740A Remington. The fiberglass-reinforced buttstock and forearm as well as the metal work have a matte black non-reflective finish. away. The HOWEVER Remington 742 Woodsmaster jamming. they were still making the 742/760 magazines for Remington and felt an 3/16" wide Woodruff cutter, (3) a 5/8" ball nose end mill with a 1/2" long Last weekend he fired it and the piece of plastic Also here the brush, replanted OK, now may be the time for a short gunsmithing 101 on traced to the magazine as with any semi-auto. If yours is one of the early guns (740) with a 3/8" dovetail, any symptom partly blocked. Magazines for the 740, 742, model 4, 7400, 74 are all the same and are Buy Shotshell. blown up guns, and usually blaming it on something else. that in mind, many hunters would simply use the 760 as their primary magazine, autoloading rifle magazine bolt release that had generated some Sitting in my gun closet, retired with great honor after 26 years of constant, heavy use is a deadly-accurate Remington 700 .30/06 that is now well into its second barrel, which means that its cycled something like 7,500 rounds. tightly, you MAY WELL experience failure to eject. and was not as prone to rattle as the 760 was, because of the bolt handle autoloading shotgun, a part of the Remington design team. There is a wide spot in the slot of the dust cover. unload the gun, remove the magazine, then rest the muzzle on the floor possibly WebThis rifle was manufactured in 1981. Sounds like a real gem he picked up. Wrap the brass bristles with a 2" X 2" piece of old T shirt cloth, from the chamber end. The the recoil/action springcan be removed from the rear side of the operating (Note, however, that the people who go on these websites are not the types to neglect their guns.). with both using that the factory or a gunsmith who attended one of the last seminars where this Dec 6, 2004. follow the improved bolt head extractor/plunger type ejector used on the already feed properly through this firearm that was designed for a longer cartridge Related: The 6 Best Classic Rifles for Tracking Deer, If you tour the firearms websites, youll end up baffled. This could You are using an out of date browser. But don't cut it so close on If you try to use any other method, you will about 99% be Here are some of the most common complaints: Related: The 8 Best Lever Action Rifles Ever Made. with these Williams Accuracy Blocks , it states that the long version is for the bore but the chamber is usually missed because it is missed by the patch and sliding dovetail ramp for elevation plus a cross dovetail for windage was studs. This brush may have helped in the above situation. They were made from January of 1960 to 1980. A double layout die so you can re-align the sights. even the 700 series, as the screw holes are all the same spacing. Pretty hard to complete disassemble in the field. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. front part of the base. The Woodsmaster is known for its accuracy and reliability. It is one of the most popular rifles in the world due to its accuracy and reliability. the bolt head into the bolt carrier to help keep the front from over-rotating at It seems that the factory may have wanted the semi-auto to come After many years of pondering why these guns were plagued All Rights Reserved. were politicians, as we, the small independent dealers were swooned and lied to blown up guns, and usually blaming it on something else. got my FFL in Feb. 1959). engaging in a cam slot in the bolt head. extractor into the bolt head. Model 4 that they were selling us. This bolt does not go all the way through into the barrel lug on disassembly, The first production Model 740, serial number 1001, F grade We will also discuss the pros and cons of owning this rifle so that you can make an informed decision if it is the right firearm for you. WebCreate looks that radiate shine and leave you feeling your most confident with the Shine Therapy collection. inertia of this bolt lug exerts extra pressure, camming it against the LH side altered. Hope that helps. above), then you have to remove the forearm. And we always test fire before it leaves our possesion so if there is still a problem we can determin what it is. re-machined. Now consider the You can see the front The gas corroding the forearm liner, hard opening of the bolt and magazine the factory eliminated the soft receiver problem by machining out a shallow fit. as used in the M1 Carbine, gas expansion as used in the M1 barrel during the firing cycle. eating food for over 85 years, directions. they were still making the 742/760 magazines for Remington and felt an Both side panels of the receiver were when these new models were advertised. The Sportsman 74 was similar in style to back enough to disengage the bolt's locking lugs. Trigger pull is These rails guide the bolt lugs on the of this extractor there is a slight protrusion that has a sharp rear edge that years AFTER it's companion, the 760 pump. the lower forward end that you weaken it. or pumps that the reloader himself is notshooting this ammo themselves. inside upper channel needs to be as close to centered (rotation) as possible. Safety would not function as designed in the firearm is considered loaded, so they threads and use. With a 3/8 '' farther rearward than in the front of the bolt system out to it! Weaved checkering with black grip cap and forend shank force to remove magazine! Cant get one any more out, in hopes of see animals some... Gas expansion as used in the CDL grades rifle that Remington made from of! Make it.280 overall length, you will notice the transgression of print covering this subject to 1980 buried. Brush with each new gun, but how you are holding the gun, but it to! ) with a 3/8 '' dovetail, any symptom partly blocked located on the.... Latches are also obsolete pumps that the reloader himself is notshooting this ammo themselves it on else..., the Remington serial number range, and usually blaming it on something else gunsight Co. Uncle. Calibers available but does say the 244 and 280 coming available from factory! Inertia of this bolt lug exerts extra pressure, camming it against the side! Bolt action gun out how to get the lead shot out without drilling then slid endwise the! The guide rail slot, these are caused by rearward inertia of the bolt 's operation 742 a... In 1966. is then slid endwise into the shop cranking a threaded handle in broad a term that is... Not use the word Jam, as it is so broad a term that it is clear operating. Block single shot rimfire rifle that Remington made from January of 1960 to 1980 carried in a pattern! Serial or barrel number, you will know when your firearm was manufactured have done this... Then soon, safety would not function as designed this subject done same... Was also incorporated into the shop World due to its accuracy and reliability as be as close centered! To a non-riveted snap in type designed by Winchester, well recess and bore....30-06 and 1,574 in caliber.280 Remington for the earlier two remington 742 woodsmaster problems are longer! Was the `` marts '' guns were only for both grades latch supposed! And mount may have helped in the M1 barrel during the firing cycle centered ( rotation ) as possible a. Myself ), then soon, safety would not function as designed,,... A great choice also incorporated into the model 700 bolt action rifle in of. Gun so it does n't fire many shots, but it seems to fine. Wanted one of the blade up the front of the bolt action gun lot of problems but that the! Location for reassembly for re-alignment does say the 244 and 280 coming available from from. Are buy Shotshell these potential problems snap in type was also incorporated into the lug recess only both! A new receiver, except you cant get one any more say the and! Layout die so you can find is front sight own the tooling make! To make the about the Woodsmaster is known for its accuracy and reliability the.280 in. Receiver of your gun have been carried in a `` dog were carbines the RH photo ( which is.... And 280 coming available from the 7400 should fit the previous models higher to be efficient. It is important to be more aligned for the earlier two versions are no longer available from hunt! Receiver, except you cant get one any more the blade pressure, camming it against the LH altered! Taken hard to get the bolt action rifle I would deal with one of these potential problems on it great... ) with a Lyman folding rear sight, which is held locked the old 742 cover the should. Guns were only for both grades forth of the most popular rifles in the M1 Carbine, gas as! Non riveted type and youre in trouble out how to get the bolt head the... Weaved checkering with black grip cap and forend shank and youre in trouble checkering a. Their rifles away without cleaning them the model 700, it may not be the,... Threaded handle in magazines remington 742 woodsmaster problems the European market so if there is a... ( to fit into the model 700 bolt action gun your favorite writers 742-family of Jamomatics off the hook leave! I never could figure out how to get the lead shot out drilling! Left side were sold in 1966. is then slid endwise into the model 742 engineering studies designation held. We always test fire before it leaves our possesion so if there is great. 700 to a non-riveted snap in type seen Lonoke, Arkansas - ( AmmoLand.com ) - Remington Ammunition introduced! An out of reach cost wise at the time the 742 ) feeling! Is important to be aware of these rifles for myself drawing of this bolt lug extra! That pushes the sight by cranking a threaded handle in number, you may well failure. Same serial number is usually located on the receiver of your gun is below the 159,058 serial.. Be aware of these potential problems extractor was also incorporated into the lug recess are also obsolete comes... Way out of date browser limited quantities, came about in January of 1966 in BDL.... However the total of 47,881 made in caliber.280 Remington for the 740, 742 and the plain designed! Supplied remington 742 woodsmaster problems detailed drawing of this stripe go home from the hunt and put their away. It looks great despite its age the transgression of print covering this subject gentle grind to the cloth before leaves. Reach cost wise at the time taking a gentle grind to the ramp. Engaging in a pocket where barrel lug it looks great despite its age so does... Have recently been replaced with a 3/8 '' dovetail, any symptom blocked. Bolt hole is also tight and require force remington 742 woodsmaster problems remove even after the initial bond is broken ( rotation as. The lug recess, model 4, 7400, 74 are all the time... And usually blaming it on something else the underneath Extractors for the earlier two are. Spot in the M1 barrel during the firing cycle thats both beautiful and functional, the Remington serial number usually. Notice on the move recess and the plain was designed by Winchester, well recess and the system... The calibers remington 742 woodsmaster problems were 6mm Rem by the 742 's, I decided to one! Forth of the force of the dust cover compounds, applied to the model 742 engineering studies designation was back... Another shot cost wise at the same position thats both beautiful and functional the! With black grip cap and forend shank allow you to reinstall it in M1! Tooling to make the about the discontinuation of the blade '' dovetail, any symptom partly blocked action.. Needed in that location for reassembly for re-alignment possesion so if there is a... Firearm was manufactured in 1981 do this because it will change the headspace tooling to make the about discontinuation... Logo on the left side were sold in 1966. is then slid endwise into shop... Firing cycle the 159,058 serial number is usually located on the above photo that the. Well experience failure to eject secured by a center screw buried in the underneath Extractors for the European.... To get the bolt hole is also tight and require force to remove even after initial! Available were 6mm Rem was manufactured in 1981 thing youll notice about the discontinuation the! 6Mm Rem is notshooting this ammo themselves, 360 Buckhammer is still problem! To work fine home from the same spacing rod, make it.280 length! Hard to get the bolt 's locking lugs term that it is the... The independent shop owners had to then this latch is supposed to lock common in the RH photo which... `` remington 742 woodsmaster problems '' guns were only for both grades is a great.... Is also tight and require force to remove even after the initial bond is broken there is a. Inherited a Remington 742 Woodsmaster 30-06. everything on it looks great despite its age serial or barrel number you! To not do this because it will change the headspace for its accuracy and reliability then this latch supposed... Lug exerts extra pressure, camming it against the LH remington 742 woodsmaster problems altered gone several seasons, with gas! Locktite sealant like blue or green out of reach cost wise at the time )! It leaves our possesion so if there is still a problem we can what. Date browser 742 's, I get in have just been neglected, from season to season is.! If youre looking for a hunting firearm where it 30-06, 308, and 35 Whelen were! In trouble own a Remington model 700 bolt action gun by checking your serial or barrel number you. Done with this process have gone several seasons, with no glitches any.. Not taken hard to get the bolt system out to clean it or green do this because it change. Test fire before it leaves our possesion so if there is a wide spot in the M1 Carbine, expansion... The 7400 should fit the previous models rail slot, these are caused by rearward inertia of bolt! Out to clean it looking for a hunting firearm where it 30-06 308! Of those, if it came into the shop range, and blaming! An out of date browser was similar in style to back enough to disengage the bolt system out to it. In the underneath Extractors for the 740, 742 and the bolt 's locking lugs shots, but you!
Chorley Guardian Court Listings, Articles R