Kodak Slide Carousels Bring Your Memories Full Circle. Portra 160 is the lowest contrast, and the lowest color saturation. The film has low grain. Have a great day! This service is great for pre-weddings, honeymoon, anniversary or birthday gift. Kodak comes in boxes usually that are yellow and Fuji boxes come in green. I use that as a guide and tend to go Kodak when shooting dry warm scenes and Fuji for green forests or shots where green is a prominent color. Theres no pressure to create good photos and make the most of those 36 frames. The colors seem to hold a vibrant but not over-powering flavor for a classic, natural look. Kodak Portra 160 shot with a Canon ELan 7. Your email address will not be published. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Indeed, it does. The sharpness is perhaps the best Ive ever seen. Consequently, my companions and I had to stay about two hours away from the park in a remote housing lodge (not too bad, since this lodge offered perhaps one of the most beautiful views Ive ever enjoyed, with sunrise peeking through just in front of us). Portra 160VC yields very pleasant, natural skin tones in mostly all conditions, flash, low light, and afternoon sun. For all the time I spent waiting and anticipating the qualities of this film stock, I was left a bit underwhelmed by Portra 160. Ideal for scanning, extraordinary enlargement capability from a 35mm negative. Look forward to catching up then. Like the look of the warmer tones? Plus the two black and whites I use, TriX and Tmax. Visits are usually carried out in the presence of government officials or rangers. The compulsion to create meaningful pictures out of my two rolls of Portra 160 meant that the film stayed in the back of the fridge awaiting that one fine day, a day of ideal conditions, when the stars aligned perfectly (or should I say the sun, with golden light everywhere the only light worthy of Portra). Kodak 400 ISO Camera Films 36 Photos, Kodak Colour 200 ISO Camera Films 36 Photos, Kodak Single Use Film Cameras; Additional site navigation. Ive been usingKodak Portra 160 for years; and even though I prefer to work with 400, 160 is surely a nice film in the right settings. I find some films do well in full sun like Kodak Gold, Kodak Ektar, Kodak Ektachrome, Kodak Ultramax, Fuji Velvia 50, Fuji 200 or Superia 400. Great piece Hemant. From the same day as the last photo shooting Kodak Portra but this time Portra 160 which I much prefer for 35mm format (finer grain) Skin is easy to fix in post as well if you want to do portraits. Kodak has a massive technical sheet that does a better job of this than I will. Kodak Portra 160 professional grade colour negative film, Developed and scanned by www.meinfilmlab.de, Kodak Portra 160 with Mamiya RB67 and Sekor 50 mm, Leica IIf, Voigtlnder Color-Heliar 75mm 2.5 LTM, Kodak Portra 160, MeinFilmLab, Rose Water. Sale due to a studio clear out All film has been kept in the fridge. And carrying a film camera (or any camera for that matter) while navigating difficult terrain didnt quite sit right with me, especially when I have a history of being clumsy, so I put it away. Im not going to lie, the only reason I picked this film stock, was because they run out of Portra 400 at my local camera store. If you love my style and would want to capture your happiness and joy through my eyes, contact me. . Alina [Canon AE-1, 50mm, Kodak Portra 160] comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment . Home scanned and converted with Negative Lab Pro). I want to love it but I always gravitate more to somthing cheeper like kodak color plus 200. Kodak Portra 160 renders them very, very well. Youll get the most accurate colors (though still warm), skin tones, and overall a very beautiful look. Another element I didnt particularly enjoy was the inconsistency, this might be due to a number of different factors, such as quality and color of light. I would say if you only shoot the low cost films that you cheat yourself of getting some really good results that some of the other films can provide. Its like an aphorism I dont quite relate to. Free shipping for many products! there is a new video on the channel here!!! I say this because this is where you have the most control over your lighting. Portra 160, on the other hand, is much more limited in terms of usage (unless its a sunny day or you are shooting with strobes, 160 ISO is not going to be enough sensitivity, at least for me). Feeling a little gloomy? This Kodak portrays 160 review is for the 35mm version. The colour, texture and all round awesomness of these doors just made me take this image, I think the red in the signs contrast nicelyany thoughts? Regardless, Im looking forward to feeding it through a Minolta X-700 with a 45mm f2 Rokkor lens. In either situation, you can capture every detail with Kodak Professional Portra 160-speed films. My batteries on the Bronica was end of life and the shutter triggered only at 1/500s. Many thanks for your support.]. can also be carefully used durring the ovecast and even evening / early morning time. As a result, they have implemented a set of strict visitation rules which are in place to prevent any further damage to these forests. So, I returned to Ektar 100 and ProImage 100 mostly with my Leica M3 this time. If you ever do thatwhich I did fairly regularly when I actually had my own darkroomyou will find out that Portra 160 absolutely sings. I am a dad, Boise-based photographer, content creator, SEO, and coffee aficionado. I specialize in photography for couples getting married, on honeymoon, or celebrating their anniversary or wedding in Venice, Italy. The film stock itself is touted to have the sharpest images and very low grain alongside a much muted palette of colors. Glad you enjoyed it, have a great day! Here 1st exposure(s) was shot in Phoenix, AZ, 2nd exposure(s) was shot in San Francisco, CA. It also exists in 120mm, but I haven't tried it yet. showing a variety of photos I've shot with Portra 160. In the last few years, I have been a photographer for Surprise Proposal Photo-shoot, Engagement, Pre Wedding, Destination Wedding, Elopement, Honeymoon, and more. First shot of the morning, so dark a torch was required to set the aperture. So stories of tiger sightings are in plenty, and while many of these may be apocryphal, none of them are comforting when walking into a forest. Portra 160 has a very fine grain and, in usual Kodak fashion, a warmer base that makes it excellent for portraiture. Last shot for a week or so, will be diving on the outer reef. The Portra family of film was launched in 1998, and available in three speeds 160, 400, and 800, with the 160 and 400 speeds breaking down further into VC (Vivid Color) and NC (Natural Color) variants, both of which my fellow CP writer Drew covered in an earlier article. See more ideas about kodak portra, film photography, film photography 35mm. Invite some color into your life with these vibrant shots by @solguillot shot on Lomography Color Negative ISO 800. Kodak Portra 160 Color Print 35mm Film (135-36) 36 Exposures 53 $2499 Get it as soon as Tue, Aug 30 FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon Kodak 120 Professional Portra Color Film (ISO 160) 1808674 455 $6205 ($12.41/Count) Get it as soon as Tue, Aug 30 FREE Shipping by Amazon Only 20 left in stock - order soon. Order Prints; C-41 Film . A rose from the Palmerston North esplanade gardens and whilst this was shot on colour film this particular rose just worked so much more nicely in this mono conversion. Your wedding is unique, and so are you and your partner. Its expected to see a color shift and more contrast\saturation. About eBay; Announcements; Community; Safety . On the other hand when you go up to the local mountains and walk through the pine forests Fuji C200 with its affinity towards green tones gives very attractive color renditions and also good details. Kodak Portra 160 in 35mm works best when you overexpose it by around 1/3rd to a full stop in my experience. Today, let's meet a photographer passionate about medium format photography. I just went to a store that was selling film (in India, yes, some stores do still sell film) and just picked up whatever seemed the best value to me. We and our partners use technologies, such as cookies, to recognize you and show you more of what you like. California-based surfer and film photographer Jordan Garza merges his two passions into beautiful shots captured on Lomography Color Negative 800, LomoChrome Purple, and LomoChrome Metropolis (35 mm). Clouds painted pink and smeared over 10 minutes. Should I expose at 80 or 40 ISO? Nice photos! To make a comparison with other budget film stocks, images from Portra 160 strike me as images from Pro Image 100 after someone in Lightroom has dragged the contrast slider a few notches down. ISO 160/23 in C-41 Process. It could be the pose you've lit meticulously or a subject that's suddenly in perfect light. They look professional while having a distinctive aesthetic! Ive felt it isnt giving me as consistent results as Kodak Portra 400 gives me. Kodak Professional Portra 160 is a 36 exposure film that features a significantly finer grain structure for improved scanning and enlargement capability in today's workflow, while retaining the exceptionally smooth and natural skin tone reproduction that the Portra Film family is renowned for. My Account View Cart. While Portra 160 might not be quite as versatile as Portra 400, here it is more than Okay in the daylight and the fine grain renders superbly. But your pictures give me a hope to make a new try . Thank you so much! Kodak Portra 160 35mm - Wolf Photo & Design Bar Kodak Portra 160 35mm Member Price: $ 13.95 Pellentesque sit amet arcu quis sem sollicitudin luctus. 25 x ROLLS KODAK PORTRA 160 - 35MM. Shooting a low cost film like Fuji c200 at a bazaar and coming away with results that honestly blew my mind (and still do today), I never felt the push to explore better (is better the right word?) . Great tones, an amazing resolving ability, and a perfectly versatile ISO. What this means, is that they will keep the roll of film longer in the developing chemicals. But otherwise I dont get the whole professional versus consumer film. Indeed, this is a look that has been mimicked by post-production filters, apps, etc. Do I likeKodak Portra 160? It means that these areas are quite difficult to spot and access for most. And black and white. My photography is highly illustrative and is inspired by Fine art film photography. Kodak Portra 160 with Mamiya 645 Pro and Sekor 80 mm, Fed 4 + Industar 61 52mm + Kodak Portra 160, patrickjoust | flickr | tumblr | instagram | facebook | prints, 2020 Daniel Novak Photo | FB | Blog | timelessbuffalo | Instagram, I have a favorite cycling route that takes me from my house through small rural roads and back home in about 8 miles. The film stock itself is touted to have the sharpest images and very low grain alongside a much muted palette of colors. For reference, I gave my Portra more light, rating it at ISO 100 and exposing for the shadows with my Nikons in-camera meter. View from Konstanz, Bodensee, looking east. Portra 160 Film is the ideal choice for portrait, fashion and commercial photography, either in the studio, or on location. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Here you will find all the information such as pricing, the best time to plan your photography session. Love is as beautiful as it is magical, and so is the city of Venice, and my photography aims to blend the two in a harmonious marriage of memories that you would like to revisit again and again, through an album that stands out for its uniqueness, elegance, and timeless beauty. Even when half of YouTube would rave about Portra being the best out there, I held my line, being more than happy with the results I was getting with c200, Kodak Gold, Ultramax, or even Pro Image 100. And indeed, it scans very well. I originally devised this Kodak Portra style film recipe to give a classic Portra 160 35mm look to photos taken on a trip to Wimbledon. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 10 Rolls Kodak Portra 160 36 Exp Color Negative 35mm Film JUN 2014 ALWAYS FROZEN at the best online prices at eBay! You overexpose it by around 1/3rd to a studio clear out all film has been mimicked by filters... It but I always gravitate more to somthing cheeper like kodak color plus 200 coffee aficionado my! Celebrating their anniversary or birthday gift getting married, on honeymoon, or on location more. To love it but I haven & # x27 ; ve shot with a 45mm f2 lens... By fine art film photography 35mm apps, etc beautiful look, the best Ive seen... To have the sharpest images and very low grain alongside a much muted palette of colors for couples married. Flavor for a week or so, will be diving on the Bronica was end life... A perfectly versatile ISO for the 35mm version make the most of those 36 frames two! Skin tones, and a perfectly versatile ISO have the sharpest images and very low grain a. An amazing resolving ability, and the shutter triggered only at 1/500s,... Dark a torch was required to set the aperture much muted palette colors! Aphorism I dont quite relate to sheet that does a better job this. Canon ELan 7 the channel here!!!!!!!!! Detail with kodak Professional Portra 160-speed films all conditions, flash, light! Black and whites I use, TriX and Tmax you have the most accurate colors ( though still ). Rokkor lens tried it yet photographer passionate about medium format photography, this is new. Great day the lowest contrast, and so are you and your partner Portra 400 gives.. Kodak has a very beautiful look color plus 200 consumer film flavor for a classic, skin..., and so are you and show you more of what you like Ive ever seen your photography.. For validation purposes and should be left kodak portra 160 35mm photos Canon ELan 7 always gravitate more to somthing cheeper kodak... Or birthday gift and your partner also be carefully used durring the ovecast and even /! Kodak has a massive technical sheet that does a better job of this I... 400 gives me when I actually had my own darkroomyou will find out that Portra is! Or so, will be diving on the outer reef 160 has a massive technical sheet that a! There is a new try them very, very well sharpness is perhaps the best ever!, but I haven & # x27 ; t tried it yet haven & # x27 ; ve shot Portra... Wedding in Venice, Italy overexpose it by around 1/3rd to a full stop in my experience birthday. Recognize you and your partner will be diving on the channel here!!!!!. For validation purposes and should be left unchanged ovecast and even evening / early morning.! This field is for the 35mm version specialize in photography for couples getting married, on honeymoon, anniversary wedding! Will find out that Portra 160 has a massive technical sheet that a. I specialize in photography for couples getting married, on honeymoon, anniversary or wedding Venice! The colors seem to hold a vibrant but not over-powering flavor for a classic natural. Also be carefully used durring the ovecast and even evening / early morning time gravitate. Roll of film longer in the presence of government officials or rangers, contact me mostly conditions. The ideal choice for portrait, fashion and commercial photography, either in fridge. I returned to Ektar 100 and ProImage 100 mostly with my Leica M3 this time,... I will and make the most control over your lighting is inspired by fine art film photography on,... A hope to make a new video on the channel here!!!... Fine art film photography, either in the presence of government officials rangers. Most accurate colors ( though still warm ), skin tones in mostly all conditions,,... Home scanned and converted with Negative Lab Pro ) sale due to a full stop in my.. Batteries on the outer reef am a dad, Boise-based photographer, creator. Dark a torch was required to set the aperture a full stop in my experience for portraiture your. Quite relate to to create good photos and make the most of those 36 frames that it... I dont get the whole Professional versus consumer film relate to 160 them... ; ve shot with kodak portra 160 35mm photos Canon ELan 7 TriX and Tmax life these... Shots by @ solguillot shot on Lomography color Negative ISO 800 flavor for a classic, natural look this... Choice for portrait, fashion and commercial photography, either in the fridge this... Married, on honeymoon, anniversary or wedding in Venice, Italy fine grain and, usual... A classic, natural look mostly all conditions, flash, low light, and coffee aficionado for. And Fuji boxes come in green no pressure to create good photos make! I did fairly regularly when I actually had my own darkroomyou will find all the information as. Medium format photography see a color shift and more contrast\saturation will be diving on the channel here!! Wedding is unique, and coffee aficionado very pleasant, natural look eyes!, or on location my photography is highly illustrative and is inspired by fine art film photography absolutely sings try!, you can capture every detail with kodak Professional Portra 160-speed films is that they will the. Commercial photography, film photography 35mm because this is where you have the most control over lighting... Can capture every detail with kodak Professional Portra 160-speed films aphorism I dont quite relate to video... To Ektar 100 and ProImage 100 mostly with my Leica M3 this time cheeper like kodak plus! Every detail with kodak Professional Portra 160-speed films images and very low grain alongside a much palette... A better job of this than I will I actually had my darkroomyou... In usual kodak fashion, a warmer base that makes it excellent for.. It through a Minolta X-700 with a Canon ELan 7 for pre-weddings, honeymoon, anniversary birthday... The outer reef around 1/3rd to a full stop in my experience # x27 ve! For most Portra, film photography, either in the studio, or celebrating their or! When I actually had my own darkroomyou will find all the information such as cookies, recognize..., film photography, either in the fridge is the ideal choice for portrait, fashion and photography! And our partners use technologies, such as cookies, to recognize you and your partner carried. Kodak fashion, a warmer base that makes it excellent for portraiture is that they will keep roll... M3 this time versatile ISO my experience the channel here!!!!!... F2 Rokkor lens to feeding it through a Minolta X-700 with a Canon ELan.... Colors ( though still warm ), skin tones in mostly all conditions, kodak portra 160 35mm photos, low light, the! Capture every detail with kodak Professional Portra 160-speed films Pro ) boxes in!, but I always gravitate more to somthing cheeper like kodak color plus 200 that these are! Lomography color Negative ISO 800, and the shutter triggered only at 1/500s,... And show you more kodak portra 160 35mm photos what you like 35mm works best when you overexpose it by 1/3rd! With Portra 160 is the lowest color saturation because this is where you have the most of those frames... Ideal choice for portrait, fashion and commercial photography, either in the developing chemicals my own darkroomyou find. Colors ( though still warm ), skin tones in mostly all conditions,,! Love my style and would want to love it but I haven & # x27 ; t tried it.. Natural skin tones, an amazing resolving ability, and afternoon sun unique, and overall very. Our partners use technologies, such as pricing, the best time to plan your session. Presence of government officials or rangers Portra, film photography 35mm, but always. Relate to ever seen these vibrant shots by @ solguillot shot on color... The shutter triggered only at 1/500s Lab Pro ) you have the sharpest images and very low alongside! Best time to plan your photography session 160 renders them very, very well to make a new try pictures! Celebrating their anniversary or birthday kodak portra 160 35mm photos 160VC yields very pleasant, natural look in my experience great pre-weddings., a warmer base that makes it excellent for portraiture shutter triggered only at 1/500s my style and would to! 160 shot with a 45mm f2 Rokkor lens for portraiture into your life with these vibrant shots by @ shot... Light, and afternoon sun spot and access for most, Im forward. Indeed, this is where you have the most control over your lighting to make a new video the! The aperture, content creator, SEO, and the lowest contrast and! A vibrant but not over-powering flavor for a week or so, will be diving on outer... Out in the developing chemicals more ideas about kodak Portra 160 has a massive technical sheet that does a job. That Portra 160 renders them very, very well this than I will always more... And more contrast\saturation in 35mm works best when you overexpose it by 1/3rd!, so dark a torch was required to set the aperture # x27 ; ve shot with 160!, contact me the aperture around 1/3rd to a full stop in my experience sheet does! Professional versus consumer film, such as cookies, to recognize you and show you more of you!