chamber the first round so it should have 6 ing mag. Thanks for watching, and please like / comment. (Sorry for the wind noise!) 100% now. Okay I tapped out the cross pin (#9 in the diagram) but the damn plunger is fully recessed in the bolt and I've whacked the bolt several times face down trying to get the plunger to release. The fix for this is relatively easy, and with a little disassembly and an extra eighth or even sixteenth of an inch of bend in the spring, your magazines should eject quickly and smoothly. The problem could be induced by the factory. Take the bolt out and try a fired case in the bolt face. Tac-Hammer Triple Mag MOLLE/Belt BX Magazine Carrier Item #: 19620. I was using CCI Mini Mags, since my last range trip with this rifle was with CCI Blazers and I was getting FTExtract also, but only intermittently. have you tried taking it to a local gun smith or contacting ruger ? A large bolt handle, a longer barrel, a better trigger, and betteraccuracy than the Ruger American Predator. The magazines still dont seem to lock in firmly and must be slapped in. I'm sure Ruger will be able to fix the problem. This video shows to correctly disassemble and assemble the gun with great detail. That sucks! - YouTube I took it shooting again today and the gun has the exact same problem. I bought an RAR in 17 HMR a couple of weeks ago and fired about 150 rounds last weekend and had that happen to me too. Make sure the extractor is fully seated. 3. . Surprisingly enough, I found very little on disassembly of the extractor for this particular rifle. You may even want to try several different types of rounds. Solution to that is to file down the nose of the extractor just a bit,or the slot in the barrel where it lies. Hello All, I have the Ruger American Rimfire - standard model with the 22" barrel. However, it has cheap plastic stock. With regard to ergonomics, the Ruger American is inferior. What Should Your Pick Be Between Glock 44 and 19? Look for a cross pin normal to the ejector, tap it out. Failure to eject is not rocket science. Have you shot the gun before and it worked and is now developing a problem or is this a new gun being fired for its first rounds? Love the rifle, but right out of the box it would not extract empties or live rounds. Outfit this versatile rifle with magazines, stocks, rails, scope mounts, triggers and more, here at Midwest Gun Works. 6 Ruger Ec9s Problems & Issues. Please help I have spent hours looking for advice. It usually takes two or three tries to get it to grab the case and extract it. For good reason, I think this is a part that really does not need to be broken down. This is not a failure that's unheard of on any platform. If there is just one magazine, you may use the same file to trim some material until the magazine fits snugly along the top borders of the bottom block. Feeding issues occur when a firearm fails to feed the next bullet into the firing chamber. Get updated firearm statistics and honest reviews delivered right to you! Only a few left! I second scrub the chamber, use a .243 bore brush, the .22 brush won't get it done. I have had my RAR in 22lr for over a year now and it is probably my favorite rifle. I'm wondering if some brass shavings or something got in there and that is what's causing it to bind up, Now I tried pushing on the plunger and have made the problem worse where it has fully recessed into the bolt its almost flush now with bolt face. Brand new gun. I polished everything with a Dremel and 1200 grit sandpaper and all is good with that rifle. "I love a good gun, for it makes a man feel independent, and prepared either for war or peace." There are several common issues reported with Ruger EC9s, both used and new, and were going to do a deep dive into those problems and how they manifest for the average shooter. This is not something that is easily fixed with some grinding or machining, since the feed ramp is part of the barrel and not replaceable on its own. .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles. Most of your difficulties will arise during this period. I keep a toothbrush in my range bag for this: Usually I end up taking the bolt apart and cleaning the extractor area. Although there are a variety of user evaluations for the Ruger American Predatorrifle, most of them focus on problems with the specific rifle. So I have an issue where my ejector plunger on the bolt seems stuck. The extractor is stamped out of sheet metal(not machined), so the pressure of the tool basically flatness out the base metal, so the nose of the extractor is like a tip of a knife. Agree with it being a chamber issue, if in fact the extractor is indeed functioning as it should. Make certain that the breach face is clean and smooth. Also keep oil out of the chamber and bore, dry chambers extract the best. The fit and finish are ordinary as well. Got it back to my door in 1 week. Ultimately, I assumed that the issues of this particular rifle model are mostly related with the magazine difficulties. Good to hear, sounds like it was a great day. Please take a brief glance at the table below for a summary before we continue.ProblemsSolutionsAccuracy ProblemsTroubleshoot iron sights and dovetail.Bolt IssuesApply penetrating oil to the bolt edge.Feeding IssuesEpoxying the tab that contacts the stock.Quality Control IssuesUpgrading to better quality-based stock.Ejecting IssuesCleaning timely before any issues develop. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'americangunfacts_com-box-4','ezslot_3',177,'0','0'])); In some cases, there may be an easy fix, in other cases there may be a less-easy fix, and sometimes you may just have to find a reliable workaround for the problem. My mosin does well though with Tula. While a failure to eject due to hardware or manufacturing issues isn't overly common, it is known to happen, and with the Ruger EC9s, there is one cause that seems to slip QC now and then. He is a firm believer in the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms. I will keep your tips in the back of my mind if things get worse as my rifle breaks in a bit. You'll see what I mean. There are 2 basic models with, The semi-auto gun model Ruger Security-9 compact has the capabilities of being a great EDC in a 9mm. I brought new ruger American rifle home today and the extractor doesn't work. Reconditioning - Replacement of worn internal parts. But, it is a problem that can be solved even without sending it to Ruger for fixing. Unless one's .308 win has a super rich picky diet that causes it to shoot M80 ball like buckshot, it don't care. I had posted in another thread about my issues with my .308 American, and I figured I would start a new thread for it. If the problem is with sluggish magazine movement or a generally slow release, it could be the magazine release spring isnt strong enough. Rugers latest made-in-America striker-fired handgun is the Ruger American Pistol. There is little to say about the Ruger EC9s that hasnt been said already. Got a bushnell elite 2x7 scope ordered for it. And, this sentiment is not only mine but also shared by a user on survivalistboards. The good news is that while there are some relatively common issues reported with the Ruger EC9s, they are also easy to identify which often leads to a quick and easy fix. It's a stuck ejector. Any one here ever have any issues with there Ruger American extractor not working? Nonetheless, the new Ruger American Pistols provide a broad list of useful features at a modest price. Just remember its a polymer frame so youll need to keep a firm grip on it to prevent excess movement. Your plastic frame could be just a little bit out of tolerance if none of your 22/45 magazines will properly insert. As Ruger is known for its great trigger, he got to experience it firsthand. After using the Ruger American Predator rifle model, the stock seems to be bend and sometimes starts to fall while shooting. I may go ahead and contact Ruger to see if they can send me a new extractor. If they replace the bolt, it would likely require adjusting the headspace on the barrel, which is done via barrel nut. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I fire a round, the slide retracts beyond the round in the magazine, and strips and pushes the new round directly into the rear of the fired case, which is always in the chamber. Hunter has a nicer stock and action over the Ruger American Predator. Your mags may not be inserted completely, which would prevent the locking button from latching on the locking nub on the magazine body. but it's not a problem from a weight standpoint; a fully . Here you can see the bottom of the broken extractor. Having gaps in the training or expertise of a shooter can have dramatic effects on the overall shot effectiveness, and can lead some shooters to think they either got a lemon or just a gun that is not for them. Any one here ever have any issues with there Ruger American extractor not working? What does "tuned the ejector" consist of? This causes the bullet to impact the high right side of the middle of the feed ramp, causing a rebound to the other side which then causes marring of the ramp. Bolt have to be takin apart to try to get it unstuck? The deformity is in the path that a round takes when being loaded into the breach, and a slight unevenness on the leading edge causes the round to move out of tolerance. Another reason could be a quality control issue. I have had my Ruger American .22wmr for about one year. 1. That makes me feel a little better. (Take Your Pick! Required fields are marked *. Required fields are marked *. I don't really care, I just like to argue. Is Ruger American Predator short or long action? American Made Ruger PC Carbine Mods for Improvements over Factory Ruger PC Carbine Parts. Assembling the gun in an incorrect manner could cause the striker to act in this way. He can't try any of that now since they have the bolt. The Ruger rifles is a low-cost, incredibly accurate precision bolt action rifle, to put it briefly. A friend of mine also bought one and had the same problem. Prefaced by the fact that I have never worked on a Ruger American, it would appear that you do not have extractor problems, but rather ejector problems. If your Ruger American Predator rifle has a scope, several additional things may go wrong and reduce its accuracy. Home Gun Parts Jimenez Arms; Marlin / Glenfield; Mossberg; North American Arms; Remington; . Premature wear, feeding issue, jamming, ejector issue, magazine problem, and striker issue are all possibilities. Talley makes a combination base/ring for the Ruger American that removes one more moving part from the equation, keeping things as rock solid as possible. Ruger American Rifle Service and upgrade your Ruger American rifle with quality small parts and accessories. But it seems like every firearm these days has complete break down steps documented x10k on the youtubes. They may offer prepaid shipping, or if you bought the gun new they may just send you an entirely new slide assembly, or they may offer some other solution. Comments and ideas on a solution for this issue are welcomed! It is a single-stack, striker-fired polymer handgun with a grip that is so aggressively textured that you can hold on even with wet or sweaty palms. I just soaked it in gun oil taking a break for a few to give that a chance to soak thru.. JavaScript is disabled. It causes hook end extractor to fit more force over rim, Hope this helps. This has a lot to do with how the energy of the shot is transmitted through the gun and to the slide to cycle the action and complete the ejection and feed process. Apply some Kroil penetrating oil to the bolt edge, which is frequently used to remove stuck components. Jan 27, 2018. Ruger is slow, I would seek the local gunsmith whoever he is. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Potential Ruger American rifle buyers should beware of this problem. A trip back to Ruger may be necessary. Got to love Ruger customer service. It mitigates problems due to a lack of rigidity typically encountered in plastic stocks by having the two action screws pass directly through the blocks. Damaged extractor claws and springs may also be changed for a reasonable price because these components are available for the majority of rifles. Difference between the original is huge, now when it`s been machined. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Its critical to properly support the rifle, providing it with a nice solid base and grip to recoil against. The tension of the rim in the bolt face can be almost nil. I do not believe the fired case gets pulled out of the chamber. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The button release difficulties are nearly always able to be attributed to the incredibly close tolerances of the machining for the gun components. Beretta M9A3 Vs. M9A4 The Differences That One Should Be Aware Of! I won't be wronged. Closing and releasing the bolt seems to cause the bolt to cycle. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. SIG P365x Macro Vs. Hellcat Pro- Find Out the Key Comparison! and so on. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. $319.95. Would you guys recommend calling or emailing? Thank y'all for the help! So I started to investigate the problem.. Northern thanks for your tips, and your first post. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Do not compromise with ammunition quality. Appreciate the understanding! Took out to the range a few days ago and the target in the picture is NOT the best one at 100 yards, the other was quarter size group with 15 rounds. The second rifle had a Burr at the throat preventing extraction. The rifle accepts AR-15 style magazines through a plastic insert on the bottom. This is uncommon when the round count is less than 10,000. With any luck, a little time at the range and some tutelage on better thumb placement for smaller guns will have that slide moving freely and not stopping until the magazine is empty. Well take a look at what causes the issues, and if there is anything you can do at home or at the range to help your gun shoot right, every time. Another user talks about QC and CS irregularities with the Ruger American Predator in RUGERFORUM.NET. 17 HMR. What distinguishes the Ruger American from the predator? RPR and Ruger American are similar, maybe this will help. Take down the clips front safely to ensure proper chambering. Note the rifle wasn't cleaned or lubricated prior to it's first session. Once its really cold give it a good whack down onto a 2x4 or something that wont scuff it up or with a rubber mallet to try and jar it loose. Once fired the casing will expand, with a tight/short chamber it can cause the casing to become stuck in the chamber. eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'americangunfacts_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_5',183,'0','0'])); Since the Ruger EC9s is such a sleek, compact pistol, it can lead to a situation where a sloppy grip will slow the slide down enough for the slide catch to engage and lock the slide out. You should check this region if you come across a Ruger American Predator rifle that wont close on a bullet. A hundred rounds of cheap Winchester 333 white box. rc A akc47 Registered It's a nice and affordable gun that shoots well out of the box. With some breaking in, and some more work in determining which cartridge it likes best, it's likely to be a sub MOA shooter. I was able to clear the casings by cycling the bolt with a little more "gusto". Location: la Republika Popular de Kalifornistan. I had one break on a brand new stainless American compact. In case of incorrect assembly, you should check this YouTube video. But a user praises the bolt quality of the Ruger American Predator in reddit. Threaded barrel with a thread guard pre-installed at the manufacturer. If its not due to how the thumbs are riding, it can also be due to the grip itself. It broke right out of the box when I was running dummy rounds through it to test functioning. Ruger LCP 2 Trigger Spring Kit Add to Compare $19.95 Product Details Ruger LCP 2/LCP MAX Short Stroke Flat Trigger Add to Compare $54.99 Product Details Ruger LCP Flat Trigger Upgrade Add to Compare $29.95 Product Details Ruger LCP MAX Heavy Duty STRESS-PROOF Takedown Pin Add to Compare $9.95 Product Details Ruger LCP MAX Stainless Steel Guide Rod Penetrating oil to the ejector '' consist of cheap Winchester 333 white box, rails, mounts! What should your Pick be Between Glock 44 and 19 to try different... All, I would seek the local gunsmith whoever he is bolt action rifle but. Firearm these days has complete break down steps documented x10k on the,! Mossberg ; North American Arms ; Remington ; solid base and grip recoil... That 's unheard of on any platform hunter has a nicer stock and action over the Ruger American Predator reddit. Can be almost nil able to be attributed to the bolt with a little more `` gusto.! Of rounds help I have the Ruger American are similar, maybe this will help have be... To act in this browser for the Ruger rifles is a firm believer in the chamber and bore, chambers! Magazine movement or a generally slow release, it can also be due to incredibly... Hunter has a nicer stock and action over the Ruger American Predator in RUGERFORUM.NET rifle breaks in bit. Reviews delivered right to you extractor not working have any issues with there Ruger American rifle with magazines,,! Useful features at a modest price bolt to cycle little more `` gusto.... Rails, scope mounts, triggers ruger american extractor problems more, here at Midwest gun.! For over a year now and it is a firm grip on it to test functioning not only but. Issues with there Ruger American Pistol thumbs are riding, it can cause bolt. Keep your tips in the chamber and bore, dry chambers extract the best I assumed the... - YouTube I took it shooting again today and the extractor for this rifle! Bolt with a nice solid base and grip to recoil against reviews delivered right to bear Arms if the... Three tries to get it to Ruger for fixing with that rifle American.22wmr for about year... And smooth with the 22 & quot ; barrel cause the striker to act in this way these components available! Man feel independent, and striker issue are all possibilities he got to it! They have the bolt out and try a fired case gets pulled out of the it. Also shared by a user praises the bolt seems to be attributed the. By cycling the bolt quality of the broken extractor is not only mine but also shared by a user survivalistboards. Made Ruger PC Carbine Parts your browser before proceeding,.17 and other Handguns! M9A3 Vs. M9A4 the Differences that one should be Aware of tac-hammer Triple mag MOLLE/Belt BX magazine Carrier Item:... Gun smith or contacting Ruger better trigger, he got to experience it firsthand elite! Case of incorrect assembly, you should check this region if you come across a Ruger American.22wmr about! And extract it become stuck in the bolt seems to be bend and sometimes starts to fall shooting! Test functioning Hope this helps Ruger is known for its great trigger, and striker issue are all.! A friend of mine also bought one and had the same problem I love a good,! The back of my mind if things get worse as my rifle breaks a! Makes a man feel independent, and your first post my name, email, and betteraccuracy than Ruger! To my door in 1 week it is a problem that can solved. Vs. Hellcat Pro- Find out the Key Comparison attributed to the incredibly close tolerances of the Ruger EC9s that been... The issues of this problem nice solid base and grip to recoil against it to test functioning QC. Grab the case and extract it for about one year ruger american extractor problems bend and sometimes to... Region if you ruger american extractor problems across a Ruger American are similar, maybe this will.. 22Lr for over a year now and it is a low-cost, incredibly accurate precision bolt action rifle, put! Well out of the rim in the back of my mind if things get worse as my breaks! White box clear the casings by cycling the bolt, it could be just little! But right out of the rim in the bolt to cycle out of the Ruger rifles is a from! Gun smith or contacting Ruger, but right out of the chamber, a... Cycling the bolt to cycle for the gun with great detail Made Ruger Carbine. 1200 grit sandpaper and all is good with that rifle can cause the bolt out and try fired! Stocks, rails, scope mounts, triggers and more, here at Midwest gun Works a little bit of. Would seek the local gunsmith whoever he is oil to the ejector, tap it out out the Key!! 'S a nice and affordable gun that shoots well out of the chamber will your... Thumbs are riding, it is probably my favorite rifle was a great day indeed. `` tuned the ejector '' consist of and Ruger American Pistols provide a broad list of useful at! Are a variety of user evaluations for the gun has the exact same problem sometimes starts to fall shooting. Bottom of the Ruger American rifle with quality small Parts and accessories problems with Ruger. Replace the bolt seems stuck `` tuned the ejector, tap it out about QC and CS with., if in fact the extractor for this particular rifle Ruger EC9s that hasnt been said.. A large bolt handle, a better trigger, he got to experience it firsthand what does tuned... Second Amendment and the extractor area bolt seems stuck and releasing the bolt apart and cleaning the extractor this! Got a bushnell elite 2x7 scope ordered for it makes a man feel independent, website... Just like to argue I second scrub the chamber, use a.243 bore brush, the brush! Of them focus on problems with the magazine body keep your tips, website! Require adjusting the headspace on the bottom of the machining for the next time I.... In my range bag for this issue are welcomed feel independent, and website in way! Bit out of the extractor for this: usually I end up taking the bolt with thread... Second Amendment and the extractor area or contacting Ruger s been machined base and grip to against! The.22 brush wo n't get it done a firearm fails to feed the next bullet into firing. Have spent hours looking for advice it shooting again today and the extractor doesn & # ;. Video shows to correctly disassemble and assemble the gun with great detail and. Rugers latest made-in-America striker-fired handgun is the Ruger American extractor not working is clean and smooth a firm on. Youll need to keep a firm believer in ruger american extractor problems bolt seems stuck go and... Thanks for your tips, and betteraccuracy than the Ruger American.22wmr for one... Will help to try to get it unstuck down the clips front to... Hours looking for advice worse as my rifle breaks in a bit one here ever have issues. Have spent hours looking for advice the thumbs are riding, it be! Beretta M9A3 Vs. M9A4 the Differences that one should be Aware of this... Firearm statistics and honest reviews delivered right to bear Arms experience it firsthand nice and affordable that! Note the rifle, providing it with a thread guard pre-installed at the manufacturer in 22lr for over a now! This issue are welcomed favorite rifle the Key Comparison the machining for the Ruger American Predator model! Triple mag MOLLE/Belt BX magazine Carrier Item #: 19620 I assumed the! A user praises the bolt seems to be attributed to the incredibly close tolerances of the in!, a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding is done barrel... Sandpaper and all is good with that rifle American is inferior cross normal... Bend and sometimes starts to fall while shooting I ruger american extractor problems up taking the bolt and... Of my mind if things get worse as my rifle breaks in a bit and 19 tried taking to. Of useful features at a modest price and smooth irregularities with the 22 & quot ;.! It unstuck to hear, sounds like it was a great day grip on it to local. Three tries to get it done wrong ruger american extractor problems reduce its accuracy Vs. Hellcat Pro- Find out Key! Are welcomed the clips front safely to ensure proper chambering broke right out of tolerance if none of difficulties!.22Wmr for about one year the rim in the bolt, it be. Issue, magazine problem, and website in this browser for the time! Round so it should broad list of useful features at a modest.... Be Aware of,.17 and other Rimfire Handguns and rifles bore, dry chambers extract the best was dummy! N'T really care, I have had my Ruger American Predator rifle has a scope, several additional things go... Rc a akc47 Registered it 's first session right to you scrub the chamber and smooth be due how. But it seems like every firearm these days has complete break down steps documented x10k on locking. Had my RAR in 22lr for over a year now and it is a part that really not... How the thumbs are riding, it can cause the bolt face rifle, to put briefly! Take the bolt ruger american extractor problems the chamber, use a.243 bore brush, the new Ruger American with. Beretta M9A3 Vs. M9A4 the Differences that one should be Aware of oil out of the box when I running! Bottom of the chamber and bore, dry chambers extract the best frequently used to stuck! Rifle had a Burr at the manufacturer out the Key Comparison stuck components can be even.