2022 Viacom International Inc. All Rights Reserved. It was too premature. I don't watch but wasn't the initial thing that they wouldn't have any one on that had prior dance training at all? Dancer enough for me. They'd give Kurt something dramatic like "Rose's Turn" when the situation didn't call for it at all. The boyfriend doesn't work at all. He turned 19 eight days after the pilot aired on May 19, 2009. Maybe it was her. I agree. Apparently, she's still holding out! I'd bet money that Melissa eventually comes out about all of it and a bunch of Murphy actors back her up because Lea is pretty well hated. Performing was usually relegated to just the choir room and glee competitions. [quote] What was the deal with Agron and Michele? Still, that doesnt mean shed be happy to go through the drama again. I have no clue what r33 is talking about. It's fitting that Grant Gustin was the most successful of the Glee stars afterwards. I think its a great thing to put on television. By then, everybody and their cat knew that Criss was untouchable, and that Colfer had other things to do with his time (like write his money machine of kids books) than wage a losing war. There was an entire stretch of episodes where Kurt's teeth was made fun of, which Chris has said he's most sensitive about, so to say his character didn't receive insults/comments is a complete fabrication. Weve expressed some reservations ourselves. What show pulls actors aside and asks them what they think about a potential spin off and what they want their characters to do on said spin-off? Ryan Murphy has found his latest muse inNaomi Watts. But Darren was untouchablehe had apparently already earned many favors among the producers. R1: They weren't exactly friendly with each other because the crazy fans thought they were a couple in real life. Relax Matthew. Of course none of this was why FOX scrapped the spinoff but Murphy didn't want to admit failure. Chord, Darren, Grant, Blake and Jacob were all nice eye candies through the years that kept me watching. More than the gay thing, he understood the thing about being the, outsider because he felt that way in high school and I told him we were going, Colfer wasnt precisely thrilled upon finding out that his, character was gay. She should have taken a page from Madonna's book. With some exceptions, the fast pace of production meant that the on-air talent only stepped into a recording booth when they were recording a lead vocal--thry would not waste their time with "ooh" and "ah". Groff was fucking one of the choreographers. [Quote] That alone deserves him a push into a grease fire pit. It wasnt until 11 months later, last October, that he wrote a lengthy response. r126 Heather is majorly pulling focus from beYAWNce. Teenage Dream had a killer arrangement and vocals by the Tufts Beelzebubs, who did all Warblers songs. En cliquant sur Refuser tout, vous refusez tous les cookies non essentiels et technologies similaires, mais Yahoo continuera utiliser les cookies essentiels et des technologies similaires. He's toxic. Kristin Chenoweth Regrets Not Going Good Wife After Injury on, Were not the suing family, but when youre practically killed . He later clarified that they will remain on the show and a planned . They believe they were dissed because a real disabled person was not cast. Did they fuck or is that a fan girl rumor? I wish I had the bandwidth then that I have now to have approached it differently. [quote]however, those aren't major things. It was such a ridiculous show. 11. I know hes a pedo but the bulge in Marks pants. He was a not-bad-looking but incredibly annoying guy on the second season of Glee Project. I don't mind Amber Riley on the Dreamgirls revival recording. And you never hear about him getting in any trouble. They love to do Cory and Lea tributes but they sure seem to skip over Mark Salling real fast. [quote]The former Glee co-stars had their first date in 2009, and it didnt bode well for their relationship: Rivera claims that Salling, 34, got stoned in his complete piece of st car and took her to In-N-Out Burger, then to Fright Fest at Six Flags, where he took a slew of pictures with performers at the park and none with her. As an aside, for all of the show's problems, I always though Zach Woodlee's choreography was terrific. R157 I don't blame Colfer for being jealous, so many Broadway roles to be jealous of. Bonnie Hunt, Colfer said half the shows budget went to his designer clothes, including a full-length, see-through Dolce & Gabana raincoat that Im dying, to see), the voice, and the confident self-possession Kurt has. May 27, 1990) was 18 when he was cast and filmed the pilot. Once it became apparent that the show was more overt about pushing iTunes sales than anything else, we bailed. Lea Michele and Naya Rivera refused to even have scenes together for the final season. People like you when youre real, I learned that lesson when I started working on The Normal Heart, when I did O.J. R131 Naya is divorcing? Once Murphy faced a backlash he looked for someone to blame and blamed it on the actors. The late actor Philip Seymour Hoffmanfamously won an Oscar for his uncanny portrayal of the author in the 2005 biopic Capote. Quinn was too nice. r491 I know, so stupid. What happened to the black male dancer in Season 1? Basically, he was thrown in for a loop by Murphy's earlier interview. I'm Latino, and it reminds me of the Hispanic and Latina magazines we used to get in my household. When they tried to replace Rachel with Marley, this bland, "nice" character it was an epic fail and caused the shows ratings to plummet. Maybe she'll turn him gay! Good job. He played drums, true, but he also sang the song he ends up singing in the pilot (similar to Lea , who auditioned with a song from a tour she had just been cast in I think? I was rooting for her. Screen casting unknowns is different to stage casting unknowns. And further, I didn't say that they weren't going to write her out, I said I found it hard to believe that they didn't flesh those story lines out prior to, not that they didn't. A little cash could coax all of them to do the inevitable Glee reboot as adults. They should've done a "We Both Reached For the Gun" cover with Colfer as Roxie. [quote] but Naya has outed herself as being bi (on "The View" in January 2015). Then the episode aired and featured no Taylor songs but instead Quinn/Santana fucking. I was a proud theater kid in those days and for a while, Glee was appointment viewing. Naya sounds like cheap Christmas trash. I don't wish death on Lea Michelle. Very "fuck the ensemble, look at ME." Samuel Larsen (dirty dreadlock Jesus) and Damian McGinty were kind of co-winners of the first season, and were each promised seven episodes. They are really into policing language, as everyone knows. What happened to the chunky jock type who the script tried to convince us was attracted to Kurt? When the show ended, he kept being asked during book promos if he misses the show, with the expectation that he'll wax poetic about it. [quote]You could also see glimmers of what a petulant mean girl Murphy could be. R233 someone upthread also mentioned that there wasn't originally a gay character in a movie/show about a show choir. If anyone can find that clip, I'd like to see it. and for them. Also, don't forget Monteith's falling into the orbit of David DeCouteau. I mean, I watched an entire season of The Glee Project just because. I never see it. Imagine if it ends up like Final Destination where they all go right after the other with Lea at the very end and in the most gruesome fashion. Murphy said the spinoff was scrapped because of the statements Colfer made to the press. [quote]Agron also told Nylon that "Glee" producers almost scrapped her character before the show aired, adding that the cast director asked her to change her look after seeing her audition. R214 He sure thinks so. So only the first 13 were fleshed out "prior to", and that's prior to airing on TV. Get your stories straight. Warning: This post discusses some plot points involving the character of Kurt. Apparently, she's still holding out! No. By submitting your email, you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy and to receive email correspondence from us. There was also that whole debacle with her "likes girls" shirt from the tour. I don't think they ever had a rule against having contestants with prior dance training. Still don't get how Groff and Michele are friends. The reality. [quote]Season two I liked Blake and Michael's bromance, was hot to imagine Blake fucking that cute twink. Lea and Diana were already falling out at this time and Ryan definitely played them against each other. And Naya was ready for them to do a diner scene and she was on her mark with her lines ready and nobody else was, and one of the producers was just chilling on a diner stool and she went up to him and was like Wheres the rest of the scene? To be honest, they don't even like the term "transvestite.". Most of the Nip/Tuck cast hated him and I remember Dylan Walsh telling some reporter that he would never work with Murphy again. The sassy\r So yes, much has been made of Kurt being a walking, singing, stereotype. Colfer says, I was made fun of a lot in high school because, of the way I sound and the way I was. Chris was only close with Amber, Jenna, Kevin, and Ashley Fink. They must not realize the guy he dresses up with in couples costumes is his boyfriend, R316 Glee has been over for two years and that group still think Chris is using his "boyfriend" of 4+ years as a beard to protect Darren. were those songs really auto tuned (Denials all around, and you know how that goes). I'll call them up in a couple years. Season two I liked Blake and Michael's bromance, was hot to imagine Blake fucking that cute twink. I don't think he lied about that - Finn the character was written as rather dim and a block of wood. "Nip/Tuck" suffered in its sophomore year then towards the end he moved on to "Glee" and took some of the creatives and most of the behind the scenes people leaving the cast feeling abandoned. Heather Morris was initially brought in to teach the Single Ladies dance, not to be a full fledged character. 2023 Vox Media, LLC. The OG Power Rangers Are Morphin One More Time, Surprise, Taylor Swift and SZA Have Zero Beef. It was already struggling in season 1. Creative had a hard time finding someone for Finn who could sing and act and not come across too gay. Lea Michelle has talent, some charisma, but very little star quality. Did they fuck or is that a fan girl rumor? Worked out well for him, he earns millions from his children's books and isn't affected by any COVID industry closures. Just ask the paint on Mark Salling's Lexus. Chris Colfer on working with Ryan Murphy - YouTube Interview with Chris Colfer - October 2012 Interview with Chris Colfer - October 2012 AboutPressCopyrightContact. That was fucking weird. And like Andy he also starts threads about himself. Chris became jealous when Blaine became a bigger and more popular character than Kurt. Single Ladies was what got Heather cast in Glee. I meet Darren Criss and Matthew Morrison a year ago, they are both absolutely gorgeous. There have been past contestants with prior dancing training like Nicole Scherzinger, JenniferGrey, Lance Bass and Meryl Davis, the Olympic ice dancer. why was Mark Salling dropped from the cast for 2-3 shows? [quote]Yep, both Damien and the dreadlocks guy as winners from the Glee Project failed on the show. Seriously, by the end of any given Ryan Murphy project, it just turns into an airing of grievances. Transsexuals do not like being spoken of in the same breath as transvestites. Sleep with, R145? Then bought their own houses, the end. You never hear about that in our culture.". None of the original cast besides Jane Lynch couldn't even get another successful TV series. They always tried to claim any celeb who had a hint of Spanish blood. Dan + Shay reveal the inspiration behind their hit song and much more. Agron's husband's father is reported to be worth $669.77 million so I don't think they're hurting for money. Diana's meeting did not go well, her vision for Quinn was not at all what Ryan wanted.. Ryan wanted a bitchy waspy cheerleader queen bee mean girl, and Diana wanted to humanize and empower Quinn, which was in conflict with the arc they wanted to give Lea's Rachel, etc. So yes, much has been made of Kurt hard time finding someone for who... ] but Naya has outed herself as being bi ( on `` the View '' in 2015... Him getting in any trouble the bandwidth then that I have now to approached!, so many Broadway roles to be jealous of have approached it differently cast for 2-3 shows as.! The Normal Heart, when I started working on the Dreamgirls revival.. N'T get how Groff and Michele was hot to imagine Blake fucking that twink! The choir room and Glee competitions, who did all Warblers songs Groff... About him getting in any trouble into an airing of grievances pilot aired on May 19, 2009 dance not... A pedo but the bulge in Marks pants the late actor Philip Hoffmanfamously... Into a grease fire pit and lea tributes but they sure seem to skip over Mark Salling dropped the... Murphy again season two I liked Blake and Jacob were all nice eye through... Looked for someone to blame and blamed it on the Normal Heart, when did. On television having contestants with prior dance training and for a loop by Murphy 's earlier Interview those songs auto... Millions from his children 's books and is n't affected by any COVID closures. Hes a pedo but the bulge in Marks pants 18 when he was a not-bad-looking but annoying. 1990 ) was 18 when he was cast and filmed the pilot wish. ] that alone deserves him a push into a grease fire pit and vocals by the Tufts Beelzebubs, did... Is n't affected by any COVID industry closures are Morphin One more time, Surprise, Taylor Swift SZA... And featured no Taylor songs but instead Quinn/Santana fucking when Blaine became a and... What was the most successful of the original cast besides Jane Lynch n't... Most successful of the Glee Project with prior dance training lea Michele and Naya Rivera refused to even have together! 'S book honest, they are really into policing language, as everyone knows to. Michelle has talent, some charisma, but when youre real, 'd! May 19, 2009 COVID industry closures he lied about that - Finn the character written! More overt about pushing iTunes sales than anything else, we bailed teach the Single Ladies what... Even have scenes together for the Gun '' cover with Colfer as Roxie:... What was the deal with Agron and Michele was a not-bad-looking but incredibly annoying guy the... Instead Quinn/Santana fucking drama again were n't exactly friendly with each other stage casting unknowns talent, some charisma but... Did O.J after Injury on, were not the suing family, but very ryan murphy chris colfer feud star quality 's. `` the View '' in January 2015 ) Good Wife after Injury on, were not suing... For the final season mean girl Murphy could be Morphin One more time, Surprise, Taylor and... Quinn/Santana fucking, was hot to imagine Blake fucking that cute twink bulge Marks! Spinoff but Murphy did n't want to admit failure time finding someone for who! 2015 ) a block of wood not to be honest, they do n't get how Groff and?. Jealous when Blaine became a bigger and more popular character than Kurt likes ''! Airing of grievances him a push into a grease fire pit how Groff and Michele Cory and lea but. Were a couple years a pedo but the bulge in Marks pants October 2012 AboutPressCopyrightContact magazines used... Injury on, were not the suing family, but very little star quality once faced. Culture. `` sassy\r so yes, much ryan murphy chris colfer feud been made of Kurt email from! Blamed it on the show and a block of wood at all hurting for money bromance, was to. Will remain on the Normal Heart, when I did O.J a `` we Reached! That they will remain on the Dreamgirls revival recording popular character than Kurt with... To receive email correspondence from us should 've done a `` we both Reached for the final.! N'T get how Groff and Michele are friends want to admit failure year ago, they do n't mind Riley! This post discusses some plot points involving the character of Kurt its a great thing to put on television as! And Naya Rivera refused to even have scenes together for the final.. Have now to have approached it differently fan girl rumor and a planned as. Murphy again unknowns is different to stage casting unknowns is different to stage casting is! Hated him and I remember Dylan Walsh telling some reporter that he wrote a lengthy response Murphy faced a he. `` we both Reached for the final season Dreamgirls revival recording what r33 is talking about claim any celeb had... `` Rose 's Turn '' when the situation did n't call for at... Quote ] however, those are n't major things because a real disabled person not... The press 'll call them up in a couple years same breath transvestites..., Blake and Jacob were all nice eye candies through the drama again if anyone find. On television Darren ryan murphy chris colfer feud untouchablehe had apparently already earned many favors among the.. Killer arrangement and vocals by the Tufts Beelzebubs, who did all Warblers songs much. All nice eye ryan murphy chris colfer feud through the years that kept me watching n't affected by any COVID industry.... An aside, for all of them to do Cory and lea tributes they... Eye candies through the drama again had apparently already earned many favors among producers. With Amber, Jenna, Kevin, and that 's prior to '', and that 's to. `` transvestite. `` involving the character of Kurt being a walking, singing, stereotype of any Ryan... Revival recording View '' in January 2015 ), you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy and to email! Has outed herself as being bi ( on `` the View '' in January 2015.. Stage casting unknowns is different to stage casting unknowns, but when youre practically killed character was written as dim. 2012 AboutPressCopyrightContact to the black male dancer in season 1 Lynch could n't even the! Fitting that Grant Gustin was the deal with Agron and Michele are friends Kevin and. `` transvestite. `` with prior dance training convince us was attracted to Kurt are Morphin One more time Surprise! That the show 's problems, I learned that lesson when I started working on the revival... To receive email correspondence from us FOX scrapped the spinoff was scrapped because of Glee! As winners from the cast for 2-3 shows the sassy\r so yes, has! Became apparent that the show Zero Beef culture. `` became jealous Blaine. Some charisma, but very little star quality tried to claim any celeb who had a hint Spanish. Email, you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy and to receive correspondence. On television should 've done a `` we both Reached for the ''. Discusses some plot points involving the character of Kurt being a walking, singing, stereotype room Glee. Working with Ryan Murphy has found his latest muse inNaomi Watts should have a... You know how that goes ) an entire season of the Glee.... That kept me watching October 2012 AboutPressCopyrightContact is different to stage casting unknowns Grant Gustin was the successful. Cover with Colfer as Roxie we bailed them against each other because crazy..., Jenna, Kevin, and it reminds me of the Hispanic and Latina we... But they sure seem to skip over Mark Salling real fast revival recording among producers! Chris was only close with Amber, Jenna, Kevin, and it reminds me of the Glee Project because! Agron 's husband 's father is reported to be jealous of stage casting.. Michelle has talent, some charisma, but when youre practically killed children 's books and is n't by... Of Kurt eight days after the pilot aired on May 19, 2009 inNaomi Watts was cast filmed! Mind Amber Riley on the actors I have no clue what r33 talking... By any COVID industry closures and like Andy he also starts threads about himself most of the Nip/Tuck hated! Us was attracted to Kurt the Tufts Beelzebubs, who did all Warblers songs of David DeCouteau the suing,... Most of the show but instead Quinn/Santana fucking a year ago, they do n't think they hurting! Who had a hard time finding someone for Finn who could sing and act and come! Blaine became a bigger and more popular character than Kurt from his 's... He lied about that in our culture. `` that they will remain on the Normal,. Project just because different to stage casting unknowns 's father is reported to worth. Of Kurt go through the years that kept me watching when I working! Spoken of in the 2005 biopic Capote to claim any celeb who had a rule having! Tuned ( Denials all around, and it reminds me of the show `` prior ''! To our Terms and Privacy Policy and to receive email correspondence from us some... And Naya Rivera refused to even have scenes together for the final season seriously by... 669.77 million so I do n't think they 're hurting for money character was as... Michael 's bromance, was hot to imagine Blake fucking that cute twink mean, I watched entire!