we were looking to purchase one of those cactus plant kits as a souvenir with a few other unique gifts proper to Arizona since I am from France, and this little shop was definitely the place to go!!! Millies Hallmark shop is a great store because of product sections and the employees are 100% awesome. San Pedro Valley Arts & Historical Society, The Thing, Benson: Hours, Address, The Thing Reviews: 3.5/5. In the summer of 2018, Bowlin Travel Centers doubled the size of the store and constructed a brand new museum to house many of the original curiosities. The shop offers a broad selection of year-round and seasonal gifts, gift wrap, Keepsake Ornaments, and greeting cards. Keep an eye out for gentle white-tailed deer and chirping songbirds as you trek through the gulch. Why Do People Visit The Thing in Arizona? It is 17 miles east of Benson and about 40 miles east of Tucson on Interstate 10 (Exit 322) in Arizona. A sign by a 1937 Rolls-Royce mentions that it may have been used by Adolf Hitler, a supposition reiterated by the originator of the exhibit. We enjoy an excellent reputation for the level of service our team provides and we'd like to keep it that way. Visitors were and still are, invited to make their own conclusions about it. Copyright 1996-2023 Doug Kirby, Ken Smith, Mike Wilkins. Kit and Myles said that the Wall was designed with extra space to to add even more conspiracies. Why Shop Local? All Rights Reserved. .style4 {color: #000000} They have puzzles, cards, ornaments, beautiful hand-painted wine glasses, and the list does on and on. A favorite place to stop on our way to Yuma. To see it, you must walk through the museum past various exhibits and a 1937 Rolls-Royce, among other items. Bonus: Order directly from Barrueta and receive an autographed copy. "I told Myles, 'We gotta do something with dinosaurs,'" said Kit, who had wanted to update The Thing for years. There free Chilli was so good! For every $100 spent locally, $43 remains in Arizona. Why I Love Where I Live began with an Instagram account: Tucson transplant Kristin Tovar started photographing spots around town until she fell in love with the place and opened a store.