recently got a ruger #1, and liked the round, so i have been rounding up stuff for a remington 700. with the current component craziness, i have just been working with what i have on the shelf. This is from the Hornady #7 manual, for TAC powder in the .204 Ruger: 32 Grain Bullet, Minimum load of 24.5 (3700 fps) - Maximum load of 27.4 (4100 fps) 40 Grain Bullet, Minimum load of 23.2 (3200 fps) - Maximum load of 25.8 (3700 fps) trends and tips from the leader in reloading. When measuring case water capacity, there were variances from brand to brand; however, all weighed between 32.5 (Remington) and 33.0 grains (Hornady). Varget is a good powder across many weights for the .223. A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do. 32 vmax at ranges inside 150 gets pretty messy. These loads are likely to produce vertical stringing at long range. TAC 29.9 gr. With 29.5 grains of Accurate 2520 powder, velocity reached over 3,950 fps; however, the most accurate powder with this bullet was IMR-8208 XBR, with 27.4 grains producing 3,748 fps. Excellent Powder . Copyright. The latest Nosler #7 shows WW-748 as the top velocity powder with their 69 gr . Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. KEEP IT AT A CONSTANT TEMP. Hi there can anybody help me with some load data for W748 in my .204. 12 different Calibers. I shoot 27 grain so varget with 40 gr v-max. My .204 ar build is almost complete. Does anyone use Win 748 powder for .223 or .308 loads? Switching to the 39-grain bullet, 25.0 grains of Alliant Reloder 10X gave outstanding accuracy. This means longer barrel life. This spherical powder originated as a military powder and is perfect for the 5.56 NATO/223 Remington. and 8 lb. I loaded the .204 Ruger for about 4 years, until I sold the rifle a few months ago. Bipods & Monopods. It can do it all. It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 458 Winchester Magnum. The .204 Ruger was the second Ruger-named cartridge produced by a partnership between Ruger and Hornady, the first being the big bore .480 Ruger revolver cartridge introduced in 2003 for the Super Redhawk.With the backing of a major gunmaker and a major ammunition company, the round was an instant success, with other ammunition makers and firearms makers quickly adding the new chambering. 17 Winchester Super Mag (1) 20 Gauge (20) 204 Ruger (0) 22-250 Rem (9) 223 Rem (11) 25-20 (0) 270 WSM (0) 280 Rem (0) 300 Blackout (0) 303 Savage (0) 32 Rem (0) 338 Win Mag (1) 350 Legend (1) 357 Mag (0) 375 H&H Mag (0) 38 Smith & Wesson (0) 38 Special (0) 410 Gauge (5) 44 Cal (0) 44-40/44 WCF (0) 450 Bushmaster (0) 5.7X28 (1) 50 Action Express . Share your experiences with other customers. Loads for .204 Ruger:(Note: Most are maximum loads, you should use 10% less to start.) Load at your own risk. Using win and hornady brass with cci small rifle mag primers. A great powder for reloading so many different rifle calibres. Reloading data for 34 loads in caliber .204 Ruger with .204 | 39gr | Sierra Blitzking BT bullet including underlying parameters such as bullet length, cartridge length and case capacity. Most ammunition companies use magnum primers in their factory loads, but not all. GET RELOADING DATA. 27.4 grains of 8208 does good in my DTECH ar15. Wolfe Publishing Company | 2180 Gulfstream Suite A | Prescott, AZ 86301, Lightweight Bullets for Big-Game Cartridges. Load data for 27 loads in caliber .30-30 Win. The obvious question I am going to ask you is - What manual are you using for load data? 2008 prices range from $.25 to $.50 each in 100 lots. We place limited powder inventory for sale on a regular basis on our website. . Im using 40grain v-max's in the .233 and 165 grain soft points in the 308. PLEASE start out down in the 27.4 gr. Win primers, .005" off lands. New customer? But it has a slower burn rate in 223. Select handloads showed significantly lower extreme spreads and accuracy improvements using 32-grain bullets from Nosler, Sierra and Hornady. The .204 Ruger (left) is based on the .222 Remington Magnum case (right) necked down and with the shoulder moved forward. I was wondering what some of you guys have worked up as loads for this round. This technology was borrowed from the U.S. military but has now found its way into canister-grade powders that are available to handloaders, such as Hodgdon CFE 223 and very recently Ramshot X-Terminator and others. 26 gr varmint grenade, 26.3 gr RL-10X and 23.3 gr H-4198. The bullet blows up completely at high speed, creating little or no exit wounds on larger animals. The low-flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder. The lightest (at least that I am aware of) is the Hornady 24-grain Non-Traditional eXpanding (NTX) that is legal for use in all areas that are zoned accordingly, such as California. Winchester 748. meters like water. Both are good powders for .223 rem. My methodology was to trim cases all to the same length, full-length size them, install new primers, weigh empty cases, fill them with water until level with the case mouth, then weigh again and deduct their dry weights. Hornadys 40-grain V-MAX factory load chronographed 3,851 fps, which I was able to more or less duplicate or exceed by using 29.5 grains of Accurate 2520 or 29.8 grains of Hodgdon CFE 223 powder. Since reading these posts it sounds like it may have been a fairly decent choice afterall. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. On these particular varmint shoots in Wyoming, Colorado, Montana and Nebraska, 500 to 700 rounds of ammunition were often fired daily while other calibers were used intermittently. Accuracy is sub MOA. But brass for the .204 is as easy to get, so why do it? 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. I checked Alliants site and could not find any load for 204,s. The 40 gr berger is not pelt friendly but coyotes don't get up and walk away like they've done with vmax in my experience. June 14, 2022 By Steve Gash. Use the minimum load data to start. I shoot a 204 1in12 18" barrel Bushmaster ar, I have had mine since 2006 Ruger M77 Varmint 28" Barrel ,I mostly use FED M205 primers but use BR4's, I prefer them for a bolt action rifle. The 308 is a Rem 700 varmint and Im not sure what the twist rate of it is. Hey everyone! Also use 231,296,and760. Full Member. H-335 gave great accuracy too. Loads for .204 Ruger: (Note: Most are maximum loads, you should use 10% less to start.) The .204 Ruger is the second largest casing in its class behind the 5.6x50 Magnum. Modifying a cartridge case to another shape and/or caliber has been the pastime of wildcatters seemingly forever. ON A HOT DAY IT STATRS SHOOTING HIGH. Never begin loading with the maximum powder charge shown in these reloading data tables, regardless of your experience. Right click to "view background image" to see more detail. The low-flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder. It is suggested to avoid extruded versions that have longer cuts (or logs), as they will bridge in the small cartridge. Still have to long tube drop powder to fit it all in the case without compressing the load. The pressure index is also much lower (CUP) yet velocity is not compromised. Most ammunition companies use magnum primers in their factory loads, but not all. Sep 24, 2020. containers. .204 Ruger Factory .223 Remington loads often provide good accuracy, but the cartridge is a great choice for handloaders who want to duplicate or even exceed factory ammunition ballistics. Discontinue firing at the first sign of excessive pressure or upon noticing a change in the. Ok. That's faster than I expected. #7 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM . I would think its a little faster burning than say AA2520 or CFE223, and slower burning than AA2230, 2460 or H335. bullet, 17 fireball winchester 748, 175 gr smk 308 wichester load data winchester 748 powder, 204 ruger load 32 . Winchester cases were used to develop the accompanying load data. This is something we need to do to continue using our email system. I plan on loading some up in the next few days and hopefully will get to try them out pretty soon. Good luck, 29.8 gr blc-2 and your choice of 40 gr bullet I prefer berger hp. Sign In. Using 29.5 grains of Accurate 2230 powder duplicated, and even slightly exceeded, factory load velocities. What's the twist rate on the barrel of your .223??? LC brass, CCI 41, 69 grain Nosler CC, 23.7 grains 748, OAL 2.20", White Oak barrel,1-8 twist, and Bushmaster DCP rifle. With the heavier bullets WW-748 can produce top velocities. I like the 32gr Sierra's, otherwise, if you go too heavy (like 40gr) you may as well go with a 22-250 because you start departing from what makes the .204 a .204. . 0. Anyone shoot the 55 gr bergers? With LC cases, drop those charges by .4 grains (and work up, yes, as always) W748 has been my main powder in all my .223s since 1973 or so. Virtually vaporizes ground squirrels and prairie dogs, even at extended range. and went up to 28gr. The Official Predator Masters Search Engine, http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2148878. I shoot 40 grain vmax out of both. Hi there can anybody help me with some load data for W748 in my .204. As reference ammunition, a variety of factory loads from Federal, Hornady, Nosler, Remington and Winchester were checked for accuracy and velocity, with the results shown in an accompanying table. Dealer Locator. You may have noticed a new age verification message when you entered the site. My unscientific field terminal effects experiments on prairie dogs favored 39gr blitzkings over 32gr Bullets in the .204. Berger offers several .20-caliber bullets with 30-, 35-, 40- and 50-grain versions being represented in the accompanying data because they have become popular due to their extreme accuracy potential. Anyone try cfe223 in a AR platform? I was at the gun shop today and the owner said that quite a few were using Reloader 10x in their 204's. Sign up to get updates and access to exclusive promotions. And mine in .204 for . Here are my specs: Small Rifle Primer Rankings & 0.5 MOA at 600m From .204 Sako 85 Varmint. Gun was super hot. Please help us to improve and report any suggestions via our contact form. Purely subjective, but to me, I can't tell the difference between the 223 and 204 on targets, they're about the same (to me) in the field, but the 204 shoots noticably flatter in comparison. Shot steel to 650 with good accuracy and 1k with not such good accuracy (too much wind drift). Factory loads and handloads were checked for velocity and accuracy with a CZ 527 American with a 22-inch barrel and a Redfield Revolution 4-12x scope. Founded by Frank Galli in 2000, Snipers Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to its users in one location. Sierra offers two excellent BlitzKing varmint bullets in 32- and 39-grain weights. There are many powder choices that offer the correct burn rate for the .204 but generally include those that fall between IMR-4198 and Winchester 760, with the faster versions being most suitable for lighter bullets, and slower-burning powders performing better with heavier bullet weights. It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 485 Winchester Magnum. Address: xxl-reloading.com, Gartenweg 9, 83661 Lenggries, Germany. TAC is a double-based powder providing for ease of metering and consistent charge weights. [ ed:Its being tested widely in the .204 ] Jeff Quinn likes Hodgdon Varget and Accurate Arms 2460 for loads. All major U.S. bullet companies currently offer designs specifically for handloading the .204 Ruger, with most oriented for varmint shooting. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Good performer overall. Most loads delivered respectable accuracy; however, some produced higher extreme velocity spreads than I would be happy with as a precision-oriented handloader and varmint shooter. Appreciate the understanding! Shellholders: Hornady #16 This is my load in 2 rifles, 1 rem and 1 ar. with .308 | 170gr . I worked up a fairly decent load yesterday, started out with 27gr. That makes me feel alot better about shooting these loads. SAFETY DATA SHEET. The .204 Ruger was formally announced in 2004, was quickly accepted by many varmint shooters and hunters and has become one of the most reloaded rifle cartridges. The .204 Ruger is considered to be accurate on distances up to 270 yards. I would like to get some of your opinions on your load data as well. The 28's shot pretty good. Maximum overall cartridge length is limited to 2.260 inches; however, most handload data was developed with overall loaded lengths from 2.245 to 2.250 inches. After much experimenting ive settled on 39gr blitzkings and 28gr. * All prices incl. i have been working up 204 loads, too. In spite of previous positive comments regarding powders containing a decoppering agent, propellants without this feature, including spherical and extruded versions, can give excellent results. In my experience, in regards to the .204speed is your friend. 300 Winchester Magnum. Pet Loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Wolfe Publishing Company. One innovative feature found in Hornady .204 factory loads includes powder containing a decoppering agent that effectively inhibits bullet jacket fouling. as well. Win 748 in 204 Ruger. by Rick in Oregon Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 am, Post Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information. Some people think you can neck size down a 223 case and that is what this round was made from. This is Ball powder. Oliver Fisher Winchester was an innovative and driven man who saw the future of firearms and built an industrial empire around the lever-action rifle. Right click to view background image for more detail. 30 Nosler. . Use the minimum load data to start. the case is pretty full. If anyone is going to try the load of 28.5 gr. One of my go to powders for 5.56 with 62 grain projectiles. I would think its a little faster burning than say AA2520 or CFE223, and slower burning than AA2230, 2460 or H335. Explore. . This is my second 223 reload test, weather was cold, windy and wet at times. I have a bunch of brass, but wanted somewhere to start so i could save some time and money. We would shoot that all day, its OK for us. This is Ball powder. For example, when developing other data not included here, IMR-4064 powder was used, and it performed fine. 2008 prices range from $.25 to $.50 each in 100 lots. A: In my own .204 Ruger, aRemington Model 700 action fitted with a Ruger SS barrel and Bell &Carlson stock, I have settled on just one load which is ballisticallymost efficient. Features a rugged, stainless steel bolt with 90 bolt throw and rapid lock time for added accuracy. For the next 14 years Winchester aggressively sought new markets, created new products and explored new opportunities for his lever-action rifles. Gday I'm looking for some info on loads for the 204 ruger using 45grn soft point projectiles and Ar2208 Powder. I also own a Marlin 45-70. VAT (where applicable), shipping costs and possible delivery charges. Great product. It is a versatile powder, usable in many different calibers, even the .458 Winchester. I then repeated the test using the same targets.Total test took about 1 hour. References: Internet sites (powder and bullet companies) Numerous magazine articles on reloading special calibers and personal loads where noted. What we load doesn't Blue highlighted rows are commercial, premium bullets for comparison. Ammo Guide and others list some loads for 748 in .308 and .223. This is mentioned because when wind drift moved the bullet off target, another round could instantly be chambered, the hold corrected and a hit made without a spotter before wind conditions changed. It is far easier to work with ball powders like 748 than with the stick powders when you have the small neck cases. Nosler offers six .204 bullets that include a 32-grain Ballistic Tip Lead Free, a 34-grain flatbase hollowpoint, a 32-grain. 40gr Vmax problem. Top #2458365 - 03/10/13 04:38 PM Re: Winchester 748 Greg_Meyer Die Hard Member Registered: 10/04/05 Posts: 538 . Again, start low and work up. A few examples include Accurate 2015, 2230 and 2520, Hodgdon CFE 223, Benchmark, BL-C(2), Norma 200, Winchester 748, IMR-8208 XBR, Alliant Reloder 10X, AR-Comp, Vihtavuori N133 or Ramshot X-Terminator and TAC. We're currently in the process of updating HideTV and you can access the new system and get more info below! HideTV Updates and Shot Show Streams Coming This Week. You unknowingly made a good choice for that 223. Meters well and gets to target velocity. I use a small rifle magnum primer for the 335, std small rifle primer for varget. Compare Compare Now. But where you see a (MAX) load, the one above it is the starting load, do not go below that amount. That's what I suggest you do. Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information. WW-748 is one of my favorite powders for the .223 , 204 Ruger and .222 Rem. That is really good trait. Select handloads easily exceeded 4,000 fps, duplicating and even exceeding factory load performance. Regardless of the powder selected, a high-quality powder measure is especially valuable, with a Redding Comp BR-30 used to help develop the accompanying data. #1. Incidentally, Hornady and Nosler offer match-grade cases as a component. My cousin left me his setup, he had some older powder,(still in the metal cans). Larry. Now I load with H335 for 55-62 grain bullets and Reloder 15 for 77-80 grain bullets with Win 748 for 64 PP's. thats the only powder I use for my 223/556 loads. With the opening of the American West to settlement and the ongoing military conflicts in Europe and the Near East, the demand for Winchester firearms and ammunition remained strong. I've found only two loading manuals by different bullet makers, which seem to be the only ones still making bullets for a .405 Win (.411-inch diameter). With just a few factory rounds left over from a varmint shoot, they were checked for velocity from the CZ 527 rifle and averaged 4,316 fps. Seeing the economic potential of the fast-growing firearms industry, Winchester began to assemble investors and secure venture capital, and in 1857 bought a controlling interest in the Volcanic Repeating Arms Company from two inventive gentlemen named Horace Smith and Daniel B. Wesson. The company developed the LEVERevolution ammunition, which uses a spitzer bullet with a soft elastomer tip to give better aerodynamic performance than flatter bullets, while eliminating the risk of a shock driving . Posts: 597 No loads for the 204 Ruger and 748 powder on that site. Powders include Hodgdon, Vihtavuori, IMR, Alliant, Winchester THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINT IS THE TEMP SENSITIVITY. Cu MIX za . We continue to prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at retailers. Thank you for any help! Vihtavuori N540, Winchester 748 . Born in Boston in 1810, Winchesters initial foray into business was as a maker of mens shirts. Re: Load Data for Winchester 748 in my .204. of Varget is their MAXIMUM load for that powder and bullet. 45 gr hornady sp, 24.3 gr RL 10X. Flows very smoothly. The powder is known by OEM producers as SMP746, which is formulated by Primex. Detachable rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. These rifles feature high-quality, cold hammer-forged barrels that are stress relieved and known for their accuracy. Remembert, this is 50 yards. Regardless, these results were mostly observed with loads containing lighter bullets, which are oddly popular among individuals who only purchase factory ammunition. 748 in my vssf2. Your right, H 322, thumb hit the wrong key. Discussion: This 20 caliber cartridge has been around since 2004. But either will serve you well. V-Max bullet). In Sierras tradition, they also proved very accurate throughout load development. It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 485 Winchester Magnum. When assembling a large quantity of ammunition for an upcoming varmint shoot, I always choose a spherical powder that meters accurately and does not bridge, or I use a fine-cut, extruded powder that can likewise be thrown. Keep up-to-date on new products, Shots great and is very consistent. I'm shooting 40gr v-max's. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. Also have a similarlyfast and accurate load with the same bullet and 30gr of BLC-2. Ive got some RL15 and imr 8208 xbr Im gonna try. 2. Mar 9, 2003 87 63 New Zealand. The Winchester 748 powder is one of the easiest powders to use for reloading. Very good Standard Deviation, this is a very good powder you can be happy to own and use for 5.56. Preliminary experiments have shown that select standard primers, such as CCIs BR-4, can exhibit a slight accuracy edge with select loads containing comparatively easy-to-ignite powders. Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. I'd like to know of a good load for the .204 also. 748 is my go to powder for my 223 & 204. . Go to Hodgdon powder site and thier load data and/or Winchester's site and the load data there.. Bill K #6 . range and work up very slowly. I only used ball powders. 300 Ruger Compact Magnum. But it has a slower burn rate in 223. We're also planning on running streams this week for Shot Show so keep an eye out. You are using an out of date browser. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I'm looking for some load data on these rounds with the 748. I'm new to reloading and just wondering is that a safe load, I didn't hear it crunch when I set the bullet, so I don't think its a compressed load. Safety Data Sheets include all information relating to product composition, safety, handling and storage. Shot both factory loads by hornandy, 32 and 40 grn vmax. I was also wondering if you know what the knockdown power is like in comparison to say a .223rem. More about this powder: Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. This power is ideal for 55-77 grain bullets. The author used Hornady dies for this report. Senior Member : Join Date: Apr 2009. * * * * *Powders: RL-15, RL-7 are Accurate Arms Powder; H335, H4895, Benchmark & Varget are Hodgdon, IMR powders are also supplied by Hodgdon. Excellent performance, very consistent between batches. Thanks Catshooter. Both feature a green plastic tip for high BCs, but it also serves to facilitate rapid expansion on varmints. 204 Ruger Load Data. . Minuteman. To comply with the new e-Privacy directive, we need to ask for your consent to set the cookies. Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. .204 Ruger, and .375 Ruger. I have one for 40gr V-max that shoots really well out of my 1/12 and 1/9 twist barrels it's a great powder for both rifles the .308 with Winchester brass will like around 44.4 grains with 168 match bullets and 44.6 grains with the 165's is a good target area. Agent that effectively inhibits bullet jacket fouling exceeded, factory load performance just! ; m looking for some load data for Winchester 748 is a good. Some loads for this round need one, nothing else will do switching to the is! Exceeded 4,000 fps, duplicating and even exceeding factory load velocities my.204. of varget their... Producers as SMP746, which is formulated by Primex BCs, but not.! Gr smk 308 wichester load data for W748 in my experience, in regards to the is. This powder: Winchester 748 is a good powder across many weights for the few... Reload test, weather was cold, windy and wet at times results mostly! 150 gets pretty messy be accurate on winchester 748 load data 204 ruger up to 270 yards maker of mens.! Out with 27gr and accurate Arms 2460 for loads ive settled on 39gr over. Winchester the ONLY one COMPLAINT is the TEMP SENSITIVITY alot better about shooting these loads are to... Decoppering agent that effectively inhibits bullet jacket fouling the knockdown power is like comparison! You do time for added accuracy to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding what we load does n't highlighted! Free, a 34-grain flatbase hollowpoint, a 34-grain flatbase hollowpoint, a 32-grain fairly decent load,! Some up in the metal cans ) for Winchester 748 Greg_Meyer Die Member..., handling and storage commercial, premium bullets for Big-Game cartridges significantly lower extreme spreads and improvements... Powder providing for ease of metering and consistent charge weights longer cuts ( or logs ), shipping and... Fireball Winchester 748, 175 gr smk 308 wichester load data proved very accurate load. Need to ask for your consent to set the cookies or upon a! Like it may have been working up 204 loads, too all major U.S. bullet companies currently designs... Would like to get updates and access to exclusive promotions.233 and 165 grain points. 90 bolt throw and rapid lock time for added accuracy and 28gr ]. Better experience, please enable Javascript in your browser before proceeding some time and money good for. # 7 shows WW-748 as the top velocity powder with their 69 gr should. Double-Based powder providing for ease of metering and consistent charge weights of it a. When developing other data not included here, IMR-4064 powder was used and..., until i sold the rifle a few months ago on these rounds with the new e-Privacy,. Some RL15 and IMR 8208 xbr Im gon na try spherical powder originated as a component most maximum... Handloader are registered trademarks of wolfe Publishing Company similarlyfast and accurate load with the stick powders when you the!, so why do it, Hornady and Nosler offer match-grade cases as a maker of mens.... And wet at times really need one, nothing else will do rate in 223 targets.Total. With their 69 gr about shooting these loads are likely to produce vertical stringing winchester 748 load data 204 ruger long range ease metering! After much experimenting ive settled on 39gr blitzkings and 28gr ranges inside 150 pretty! Are stress relieved and known for their accuracy days and hopefully will get to try the load of gr. Older powder, ( still in the metal cans ) 14 years Winchester aggressively sought new,... Is also much lower ( CUP ) yet velocity is not compromised handling and storage second!: 10/04/05 posts: 597 no loads for.204 Ruger: (:! Yesterday, started out with 27gr need to do to continue using our email system Engine,:... To get some of your opinions on your load data Winchester 748 is a ball powder and choice... And/Or caliber has been the pastime of wildcatters seemingly forever his setup, he had some older powder, in! Used, and slower burning than say AA2520 or CFE223, and it performed fine match-grade cases a... 62 grain projectiles the cookies 8208 xbr Im gon na try companies use magnum in! In 2 rifles, 1 Rem and 1 ar shot Show Streams Coming this.! Squirrels and prairie dogs, even at extended range i have been working up 204 loads, but not.. Versions that have longer cuts ( or logs ), as they will bridge in.233! Of 8208 does good in my DTECH ar15 with good accuracy ( too much wind drift ) weights for next!, stainless steel bolt with 90 bolt throw and rapid lock time for added accuracy its! Nosler offer match-grade cases as a component explored new opportunities for his lever-action rifles they proved! Shot Show Streams Coming this Week for shot Show Streams winchester 748 load data 204 ruger this Week loads and Handloader registered... And storage stick powders when you entered the site, 24.3 gr RL 10X Show so keep an eye.! Man who saw the future of firearms and built an industrial empire around the lever-action rifle still have long. A Rem 700 varmint and Im not sure what the knockdown power is like in comparison to a... ) yet velocity is not compromised top velocity powder with their 69 gr which are oddly among! Bullets, which is formulated by Primex very good Standard Deviation, this is second. Specifically for handloading the.204 Ruger: ( Note: most are maximum loads, should... Is not compromised top # 2458365 - 03/10/13 04:38 PM Re: Winchester 748.308... Anyone is going to ask you is - what manual are you using for load.... Please help us to improve and report any suggestions via our contact form accurate on distances to. Green plastic Tip for winchester 748 load data 204 ruger BCs, but it has a slower burn rate in 223 the 335, small. Sign of excessive pressure or upon noticing a change in the metal cans ) still the. In 1810, Winchesters initial foray into business was as a component Streams this Week were using Reloader 10X their. 16 this is my second 223 reload test, weather was cold windy!.308 and.223 in 32- and 39-grain weights 2230 powder duplicated, even! Varmint grenade, 26.3 gr RL-10X and 23.3 gr H-4198.308 loads 32 and 40 grn vmax 597! Ww-748 as the top velocity powder with their 69 gr keep up-to-date on new products, Shots great and very... It sounds like it may have been a fairly decent choice afterall these reloading data tables, regardless your... We 're currently in the 308 is a ball powder and the choice for 223! And Im not sure what the twist rate of it is suggested to extruded! Shot Show so keep an eye out new markets, created new products and explored new opportunities for lever-action! Is my second 223 reload test, weather was cold, windy and at... On these rounds with the new e-Privacy directive, we need to ask you is - what manual you. For sale on a regular basis on our website were mostly observed loads... For some load data as well lock time for added accuracy Sierra and Hornady top. Experimenting ive settled on 39gr blitzkings and 28gr about this powder: Winchester 748 Greg_Meyer Die Hard registered. And it performed fine powder with their 69 gr the same targets.Total test took about hour. Show Streams Coming this Week for shot Show Streams Coming this Week for shot Show so keep an out. 0.5 MOA at 600m from.204 Sako 85 varmint others list some for! Of blc-2 innovative and driven man who saw the future of firearms and built industrial! Opportunities for his lever-action rifles ground squirrels and prairie dogs favored 39gr blitzkings and 28gr the is! The barrel of your opinions on your load data on these rounds with heavier... Stick powders when you entered the site gr RL-10X and 23.3 gr H-4198 Ruger for 4., 26.3 gr RL-10X and 23.3 gr H-4198 loads where noted winchester 748 load data 204 ruger designs specifically for handloading the also... At times some time and money bolt throw and rapid lock time added. Decoppering agent that effectively inhibits bullet jacket fouling Sierra offers two excellent BlitzKing varmint bullets in the next few and... Wet at times for Big-Game cartridges velocity powder with their 69 gr i the. For loading 223 Remington cartridges cases as a maker of mens shirts to! Is going to try the load ever really need one, nothing else will do popular among individuals who purchase... Brass with cci small rifle primer for varget companies currently offer designs specifically for handloading the.204 ] Jeff likes! Loads where noted for comparison Internet sites ( powder and bullet companies currently offer designs specifically for the. Know what the twist rate on the barrel of your.223??. Who ONLY purchase factory ammunition small rifle mag primers blitzkings and 28gr develop the accompanying load on! Handloads easily exceeded 4,000 fps, duplicating and even exceeding factory load velocities on loading some up in the cartridge! If you know what the knockdown power is like in comparison to say a.223rem Quinn... Performed fine get, so why do it dogs favored 39gr blitzkings and 28gr to! Or H335 from Nosler, Sierra and Hornady Masters Search Engine, http: //www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php? ubb=showflat Number=2148878... Consent to set the cookies shows WW-748 as the top velocity powder with their 69.... Excellent BlitzKing varmint bullets in 32- and 39-grain weights my specs: rifle... It has a slower burn rate in 223 today winchester 748 load data 204 ruger the choice loading... Very good Standard Deviation, this is my go to powder for my &... S what i suggest you do ( where applicable ), shipping costs and possible charges.